gopro won't record with gimbal

Reaction score
so long story short i got my solo yesterday for the holidays and also got a gimbal, i had my go pro updated to latest update (go pro black silver) and i have save to camera roll off and the button is grey and i cannot use my phone to start/stop the gopro, please let me know what i am doing wrong/need to do

Hi Grayson, and welcome. I am a bit confused. You say you have a GoPro black silver. Which is it? Also, you need to have the latest updates from 3DR Services, as well as from the 3DR Solo app. Some GoPros aren't compatible with Solo. It depends on your model.

I'm sorry, i have the hero 4 silver, and by latest updates from 3dr services, do you mean updating the drone, because i updated it yesterday when i got it out of the box and it does not say that it needs update, also, when i tilt the gimbal, the gimbal is tilting except that the screen on the controller says gimbal not detected, what does that mean and do you know how to fix it?

There are 2 apps you need. First is 3DR Services. You need that to be able to use the Solo app. They work in conjunction with each other. Unless I am mistaken, the latest version for the 3DR Services app is v1.5.0, and the 3DR Solo app should be v1.3.0. Make sure those 2 apps are installed and up to date, and try again. Your phone should tell you what version you are running currently. I know some guys on here have had problems using their phone, so not all phones are created equal when it comes to Solo. Also, 3DR has 24/7 customer support, and are very willing to help you out with any problems you may have.

There are 2 apps you need. First is 3DR Services. You need that to be able to use the Solo app. They work in conjunction with each other. Unless I am mistaken, the latest version for the 3DR Services app is v1.5.0, and the 3DR Solo app should be v1.3.0. Make sure those 2 apps are installed and up to date, and try again. Your phone should tell you what version you are running currently. I know some guys on here have had problems using their phone, so not all phones are created equal when it comes to Solo. Also, 3DR has 24/7 customer support, and are very willing to help you out with any problems you may have.
3DR services is only available/required for Android devices.
I don't need it for my iPad mini 3, but I do for my Nexus 7.

I'm sorry, i have the hero 4 silver, and by latest updates from 3dr services, do you mean updating the drone, because i updated it yesterday when i got it out of the box and it does not say that it needs update, also, when i tilt the gimbal, the gimbal is tilting except that the screen on the controller says gimbal not detected, what does that mean and do you know how to fix it?
After you put your GoPro in the gimbal, you need to turn it on manually, then turn Solo on. Solo won't turn it on but it will turn it off when you power down Solo.

(Actually you should be able to turn the GoPro on AFTER you power up Solo.)

Sometimes I get the "gimbal not found" message and I power Solo down and back on. That usually clears that up.

Welcome to the forum! Let us know if you solve this so others will know. If not, calling 3DR by phone is usually the best way to go.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44