GoPro video settings

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone recommends for shooting footage so the props and legs aren't visible but still getting the best footage possible.

I have been shooting in 2.7k with a wide field of view...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.7 medium.

If I shoot in 4K wide AND I'm careful to make soft yaw movements, AND it's not too windy, I don't get the gear. Occasionally I get it in the lower left, but since I "deliver" in 1080P, it's easy to crop without loosing detail in the final image. Just adding stabilization in post is usually enough to remove the gear. (Because software stabilization typically "zooms" the image in a bit). Also, removing fisheye (which can be done in GoPro studio, and many other video editing applications) will remove the legs.

Another solution is to swap out the GoPro lens for with a rectilinear (non fisheye) lens like the 4.35mm lens from Peau Productions. (I prefer it to the 5.4mm lens they also sell).

Will the lens on the go pro be ok with the gimbal though because of the extra weight added and I found a way in AE to get rid of it because I output in 1080 also i have extra space not a lot but space to get rid of the fisheye effect too.

for those of you who do use AE if you replace your PP comp with the adobe dynamic link to AE and go to the effects optics compensation is a nice effect to get rid of the fish eye. In the "FOV" area 74 or 75 works for me but a good trick if you don't have a lens already.

Will the lens on the go pro be ok with the gimbal though because of the extra weight added and I found a way in AE to get rid of it because I output in 1080 also i have extra space not a lot but space to get rid of the fisheye effect too.
It depends where you get the lens. If you get 4.35 or 3.95 mm lens from Peau Productions then the weight is almost the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado