GoPro Hero 4 record Video and take Photos

Great feature. My GoPro has been set up this way since the day I got it.

Do you guys find the photos captured this way don't look as good as those captured using say timelapse mode? Im talking about the Hero3 Black. I set mine this way last time out. I could notice a big difference in the photos quality over those taken using timelapse mode?

I did some research with my Hero4 Black just now shooting simultaneous video + stills. Depending on the video resolution and Field of View (FOV), your stills will always be a higher resolution than the video. The Hero4 Black can shoot up to a 12 megapixel image at 4000x3000 in 4x3 aspect ratio.

The Hero4 Black can shoot video + stills at these video resolutions: 1440, 1080, 720.

Here is a chart I made to help us understand what video resolution results in still resolution:

Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 1.27.08 PM.png

So, the bottom line is, generally, your stills will look better than the video you are shooting, but will not have the maximum 12 MP stills the camera can shoot.

Hope that clears things up some.

Possible to run simultaneous video and stills every 5 seconds, with Gimbal installed? Don't see that option in solo app settings.
Thanks.

Possible to run simultaneous video and stills every 5 seconds, with Gimbal installed? Don't see that option in solo app settings.
Thanks.
There are a lot of setting you can't see in the Solo app, but they still work. I know that simultaneous video and photo works from the gimbal because I accidentally shot a series like that.

Reactions: Limitless

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig