Gimbal with GoPro Hero 4 Black - Power On

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this is obvious or if it has already been discussed...

Been flying Solo with gimbal and GoPro Hero 3+ Silver (firmware v02.00). Just bought GoPro Hero 4 Black after realizing that 3+Silver would not be getting app controls.

When I power on the Solo, the H3+S also powers on through the gimbal. But when I put the H4B in the gimbal it does not power up along with Solo (just get the charging LED). I can power on the H4B manually with the GoPro's button and everything (feed and start/stop) works fine. It's not a big deal if I need to start the camera manually, I just wanted to make sure this is the way it is supposed to be (and not the symptom of a deeper problem) since it is different from the H3+S.

Did firmware updates on H4B and Solo after unboxing H4B, but before ever trying them together on previous firmware.

Thanks!

I have the GP 4 Black as well and I have to turn on the camera, usually before I set it down for a flight. However, with the latest update, it does power down the camera when I turn the Solo off. Which to me is more important since a few times I have forgotten to turn the camera off after flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44