Gimbal Shipped

That's probably a good policy. BB was swapping them out without question. I wonder if they still do that? So if you have a problem you would contact 3DR and they would decide what to do.
I bought my 3DR Iris+ at Fry's (an impulse buy, I saw it and felt I had to "rescue it" from the big bad box store), and was told at that time that they don't do returns, any return would need to be handled by 3DR.
Sure enough, I had to return it. Made a quick test flight of about 4 minutes around my cul du sac, then took it out to a park for a longer flight - 3 minutes into this second flight the Iris+ just died in mid air and dropped from an 80 meter height, lots of damage. Logs showed the ESC failed so I returned it and it was quickly replaced. Iris+ #2 is problem free (the Follow Me is butter smooth).

Sort of like my Solo experience - 1st one bad, 2nd one flawless.

Reactions: Raybro
Better not be long wait for me. If I get screwed with the gimbal like I did being an early pre-order I will be done. My patience is just about exhausted with these guys.
Well, according to their web site us early adopters may be in the same line we were when we pre-ordered direct through 3DR if the Gimbals are shipped same as the Solos. I bet they follow the same 'literal' policy of first to order first out, which includes the retailers.. From the 3DR website regarding pre-orders...

We ship Solo orders in the order they were received. You might ask “How can this be when I’ve preordered and haven’t gotten a unit, but it’s on the shelf at a local store?” That’s a fair question. Here’s how the process works: We took Solo preorders from direct customers as well as from resellers—after all, our reseller partners needed to have their stock available when we launched. We sell Solo mostly through our retail partners globally, and partially direct thru our website. This means that places like Best Buy, Fry’s, Dronefly and B&H had to make their preorders early, ahead of most if not all direct orders, so those orders went out with the first shipment. If your preorder wasn’t in that first shipment, then those resellers got Solos ahead of you—but we’re still shipping Solos in the order they were ordered. But not to worry: even though there is a delay to get Solos now, the vast majority of April and May direct orders will be shipped out by the end of this week, and we’ll continue to ship more out as fast as we can.

I really don't agree with their thought process as the end user at best buy is the one that wins. But that's OK as its not my rodeo.

Regardless, if it ends up delayed to those of us that pre-ordered very early I will be out. I am borderline now when it comes to returning it as it really has not met my expectations.

I really don't agree with their thought process as the end user at best buy is the one that wins. But that's OK as its not my rodeo.

Regardless, if it ends up delayed to those of us that pre-ordered very early I will be out. I am borderline now when it comes to returning it as it really has not met my expectations.

I'm just simply amazed at the cluster f**k going on here.....guess folks are so bored with their lives that this sort of stimulation is subconsciously pleasurable. I returned mine after 4 hrs...faulty.
Pathetic.

I'm just simply amazed at the cluster f**k going on here.....guess folks are so bored with their lives that this sort of stimulation is subconsciously pleasurable. I returned mine after 4 hrs...faulty.
Pathetic.
Wow, you returned your after 4 hours, yet you are here commenting? And projecting.

I am borderline now when it comes to returning it as it really has not met my expectations.

...really? Maybe I missed something but I thought you were please with your Solo? If you return yours please let us know.

Gosh I'm now wondering why I'm still on the fence Solo vs P3....Ive got a P3A sitting in my amazon shopping cart.....just waiting for the 'one-click' purchase.....

Wow, you returned your after 4 hours, yet you are here commenting? And projecting.
For sure. That's what pissed off customers do. That's the power of Social media. Do you think only happy meals get talked about?

Tracking #1: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Shipping Method: EXPEDITED DELIVERY
  • Scheduled Arrival Date: 07/20/15
Tracking #2: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Shipping Method: STANDARD
  • Scheduled Arrival Date: 07/21/15
Note: Signature may be required upon delivery
Item Qty Item Description
GOH4AB 1 HERO4 Black
GOLCDTBP3G 1 LCD Touch BacPac
3DRSOLO 1 Solo Quadcopter (No Gimbal)
3DBT11A 1 Smart Battery for Solo Quadcopter

Was told that only Hero4 black & BacPac was available, Then to my surprise, 3DR Solo with Free battery was sent off.
Asked when they expect Gimbal to ship to me, they said early August?

Bought from B&H.

Hope this helps

Yup I was talking about the GImbals and backpacks specifically. BestBuy had and still has Solo's, thats where I got mine (+ battery)

For sure. That's what pissed off customers do. That's the power of Social media. Do you think only happy meals get talked about?

You realize you've just admitted that you find subconscious gratification here eh?
In fact, your saying that you're angry because you were let down by 3DR, and coming here in your pissed off state and insulting others provides you with a "sort of stimulation is subconsciously pleasurable" (your words - perfect!).

How old are you?

Last edited:
Dang that sucks. Like waking up on christmas morning as a child only to find out Christmas is cancelled this year because your parents are addicted to heroin and meth. This gimbal shit is absolute torture.

Hey, it's the Kool-Aid man!!

kool-aid.jpg

Oh boy, let's all have some!

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-30_13-8-23.png
    upload_2015-7-30_13-8-23.png
    419.8 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: GoodnNuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads