Gimbal order

IMHO the cause of the delay is 3dr make sure the gimbal perfectly calibrated, vibration test, firmware tuning enhancement, etc i hope you guys give more patience.

I agree that the are trying to make sure the gimbal is top quality but lets be honest to ourselves as well, 3DR wanted to get to market with the Solo and in my opinion they jumped the gun and have had more than a few hiccups during there release (I was not really impacted as I just walked into a Best Buy and picked up a Solo but those that pre-orders back in May are still waiting).

If you can post pics of the Solo in Malta, you can provide you customers and potential customers a quick update on the Gimbal (you know the Gimbal they are using the shoot still and video in Malta :)

see, 3dr is now carefully check before they release on the market so my prediction is true.

Sounds reasonable, and having been in their shoes with my company, understandable. And I don't have a problem with the 2 extra weeks. You can see the issue he is describing around 1:17-1:20 in the video on that page. And since the fix for the issue is hardware, they would have been killed with RMAs to just ship as is to make a date. Better to ship with the new hardware and have the ability to continue any needed improvements with SW updates.

Reactions: Toiletbowl
Sounds reasonable, and having been in their shoes with my company, understandable. And I don't have a problem with the 2 extra weeks. You can see the issue he is describing around 1:17-1:20 in the video on that page. And since the fix for the issue is hardware, they would have been killed with RMAs to just ship as is to make a date. Better to ship with the new hardware and have the ability to continue any needed improvements with SW updates.
correct bro, but some people are impatient we know 3dr developer are smart so they are look carefully.

correct bro, but some people are impatient we know 3dr developer are smart so they are look carefully.
I'm glad they did the right thing by publicly informing us of the delay. They want it to be as close to perfect as possible.......and that's the other thing they are doing right.

I'm glad they did the right thing by publicly informing us of the delay. They want it to be as close to perfect as possible.......and that's the other thing they are doing right.
becaue your too much excited hahaha

Taken from Gimbal Update 8.2.2015

"We did find a way. Adding mass to the ends of the spider bracket – the piece that holds the dampers on the gimbal at the very top of the assembly – increases the overall mass of the top part of the gimbal. This allows the yaw motor to react to and correct disturbances hitting the bottom part of the gimbal where the camera lives, resulting in more stable video."

This mass that they are adding, does it increase the weight of the gimbal to a point where it will impact battery performance?

"We did find a way. Adding mass to the ends of the spider bracket – the piece that holds the dampers on the gimbal at the very top of the assembly – increases the overall mass of the top part of the gimbal. This allows the yaw motor to react to and correct disturbances hitting the bottom part of the gimbal where the camera lives, resulting in more stable video."

This mass that they are adding, does it increase the weight of the gimbal to a point where it will impact battery performance?
maybe only grams

1st thing I thought..
we will get it back when Hero5 ships.:rolleyes:

Trying to stay upbeat......instead of beat up
bro max range? i have avl58 only 50 meters the video start flickering >> Phantom 2 H3-3D Gimbal, Black Pearl monitor, ImmersionRC 5.8 video Tx, mini IOSD, Datalink

And I don't have a problem with the 2 extra weeks.

Always good to have communication and I give them kudos for that. However, you are leaving out its 2 extra weeks on top of 4 extra weeks on top of....

I went back through my emails from 3DR and when I plopped down my money I was told the Solo and Gimbal would ship the end of May. Then I was told it would be two weeks delayed and ship in the middle of June.

Jub, this is August !

I have to be honest I don't even remember all the changes anymore.

By all means get it right. I keep thinking that I should keep a Solo around to play with along with my P3. But honestly its mostly because I like the guys on this forum. Much better group than the most the Phantom assholes.

bro max range? i have avl58 only 50 meters the video start flickering >> Phantom 2 H3-3D Gimbal, Black Pearl monitor, ImmersionRC 5.8 video Tx, mini IOSD, Datalink
I have been out to a mile. Video start getting snowy and black and white. That was with trees and other obstructions at about 200 feet altitude on a waypoint mission.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Always good to have communication and I give them kudos for that. However, you are leaving out its 2 extra weeks on top of 4 extra weeks on top of....

I went back through my emails from 3DR and when I plopped down my money I was told the Solo and Gimbal would ship the end of May. Then I was told it would be two weeks delayed and ship in the middle of June.

Jub, this is August !

I have to be honest I don't even remember all the changes anymore.

By all means get it right. I keep thinking that I should keep a Solo around to play with along with my P3. But honestly its mostly because I like the guys on this forum. Much better group than the most the Phantom assholes.
Totally agree with your last statement......I haven't been on their forum since getting the Solo.

In the last 6 months I have made about 10 post probably. The Solo crowd is much better group.

Totally agree with your last statement......I haven't been on their forum since getting the Solo.

For those of you who think that 3dr has not continually pushed back EVERY projected release date on EVERY product they ever made (including the iris and the iris+ and their corresponding gimbals) you need to look back to your history! As a long time owner of Iris, Iris+ and now solo I can tell you it is so. I also own a Phantom, P2, and now a P3P, as well as 550 flame and Walkera Tali H500....and both Walkera and DJI are not much better....they just keep teasing us and stringing us a long.....i'm predicting the gimbal probably mid to late august....if it doesn't come then everyone will be up in arms....i don't see how 3dr can delay it past that date...they would lose too many customers (they've already lost many). As for my solo it's worked perfect when i fly it....but i've only used it maybe 5 times in the whole month i've owned it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44