Gimbal order

Just having fun. He really doesn't have any control over the timeline I am sure.

I think you forget that the ship date on the Solo went exactly like this. Website and customer service kept saying one thing and then all of a sudden it was delayed.

Your right the Solo launch went exactly like this. A bunch of guys wrung their hands chasing every little supposed rumor and freaked out about delays. Meanwhile, guys like me pre-ordered and got it exactly when expected.

Meantime, what do you care? You already returned your Solo? Before the gimbal even shipped. Lol. And yet you post more than anyone on this site and very often it's with something negative to say or some snide "just having fun" comment.

Its the same issue that gives me pause with any company and thats a lack of communication. On the 3DR Facebook page I see multiple post a week with "Shot on a Solo" in various places but nothing about where they are with the Solo itself.

What features/fixes are in the works, updates on the backpack/gimbal, etc.

Your right the Solo launch went exactly like this. A bunch of guys wrung their hands chasing every little supposed rumor and freaked out about delays. Meanwhile, guys like me pre-ordered and got it exactly when expected.

Meantime, what do you care? You already returned your Solo? Before the gimbal even shipped. Lol. And yet you post more than anyone on this site and very often it's with something negative to say or some snide "just having fun" comment.
Chill out Erik. You miss the good stuff I post. 3dr has proven themselves with me. I hope to be back someday when things settle down and they catch up. It's all just growing pains. Their company ethics and treatment of customers are 1000 times better than dji.

Chill out Erik. You miss the good stuff I post. 3dr has proven themselves with me. I hope to be back someday when things settle down and they catch up. It's all just growing pains. Their company ethics and treatment of customers are 1000 times better than dji.
Ok. Yes. I will chill out. Apologize. Just snapped.

Ok. Yes. I will chill out. Apologize. Just snapped.
Me too pal. Honestly it's been frustrating. But can you imagine the stress inside 3dr? Not only do those guys have to deal with us but the have big investors to answer to. Yea I admit I have took a few snide shots. So apologies from me as well.

Last edited:
BXXXXXX (3drobotics)

Jul 31, 11:29 AM

We are working hard to get the Gimbals out the door, we will be communicating the dates shortly. We truly thank you for your patience. Yes, that is correct there has been an extension for the money back guarantee for customers who purchased the Solo and Gimbal in the same order through 3DR. If it was purchased through a reseller we would need to work it out with them.

Thank you.

If you have further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

--------
Just to give us something else to chew on.

Might i add, I think there are some people ordered the Solo, just to use & send back" Via the "satisfaction clause" I bet they thought they could have used there Hero's with it?. Anyway. It's coming on the 17th to B&H. So between now and the 17th most everyone should have access to a gimbal.

Before anyone asks "How iTFYK" read it in my fortune cookie today.

Fly safely

You almost sound like you're 100% positive but what gives your comment more weight than what is on the interwebs about delays?

I will say that until we here a different release date from 3DR then the Gimbals are still on track to be shipped out this weekend and we'll receive an announcement on Monday.
Totally agree. There has been no official word from 3DR about a delay, which in the past, they have been pretty open about things....no news is good news.

on the 3dr website it says: status complete, payment status complete, and shipment state ready. Is that what everyone else is seeing?
Dude I saw that same BS for months on their website about pre-ordered Solos back in May and June. Also received several emails from Mario and the gang at 3DR about the status of my pre-order..always payment received, status complete, your next in the que...BLAH BLAH BLAH..never got the Solo so I bought the new Yuneec Q5004K and it is AWESOME! Shelved my P2 last week:)

Frustrating...they really botched this launch. After what will be going on 3 months I will probably be gone on vacation for a month when it gets here (and I wanted to take it with me, but whats the point without the gimbal?)

Frustrating...they really botched this launch. After what will be going on 3 months I will probably be gone on vacation for a month when it gets here (and I wanted to take it with me, but whats the point without the gimbal?)
How so?

It's only a botched launch if you believed all the ship date rumors and BS. None of you guys have a clue about when this gimbal will ship. All these missed deadlines and push backs are a figment of your collective imaginations.

I pre-ordered my Solo and was told it would arrive in early July. Got it 2 weeks earlier. Their website says the gimbal will be ready to ship end of July. I'll bet they start shipping them on Monday if they haven't already.

You guys have yourselves all worked up into a lather over NOTHING. Just calm down. Even if the gimbal were to slip a couple weeks, (hell, even if it slipped to the end of this month), it would be completely wrong to call this a botched launch. 3DR has lived up to every expectation, except the expectations of people who believed each other's BS.

Reactions: SteveReno
Well truly not trying to knock the Solo, I plan on purchasing one once they get all the bugs worked out...but that may not be till end of year, but I can personally tell you that you would love the Yuneec Q5004k, the radio with built in Android tablet for ground station and FPV is incredible. Now granted if yer trying to set distance records, like a mile or more than the Q4K may not be for you without after market mods. I've gotten 1,600 feet distance and 400 altitude no problem no video loss or lag. I'd been flying aP2+ since they came out a couple of years ago and it's now on the shelve, this Q4k in my "opinion" and you know what they say about opinions, but to me this Yuneec Q5004k blows the DJI P2 away.

Reactions: erikgraham
How so?

It's only a botched launch if you believed all the ship date rumors and BS. None of you guys have a clue about when this gimbal will ship. All these missed deadlines and push backs are a figment of your collective imaginations.

I pre-ordered my Solo and was told it would arrive in early July. Got it 2 weeks earlier. Their website says the gimbal will be ready to ship end of July. I'll bet they start shipping them on Monday if they haven't already.

You guys have yourselves all worked up into a lather over NOTHING. Just calm down. Even if the gimbal were to slip a couple weeks, (hell, even if it slipped to the end of this month), it would be completely wrong to call this a botched launch. 3DR has lived up to every expectation, except the expectations of people who believed each other's BS.
B.S? I tbelieve I still have all the BS emails, purchase acknowledgments, and so forth that I got from Mario and the gang at 3DR during the month of May and June leading me along about how I was next in the shipping que etc..while they kept my card on hold and never shipped the damn thing. Perhaps I was the ONLY 3DR pre order that this occurred too,I guess anything is possible.

How so?

It's a botched launch because I was under the belief the gimbal was being shipped with the Solo, not two or three months later. Had that been pointed out at the time of purchase, I never would have bought it, is that clear enough?

Reactions: Sarah B
It's a botched launch because I was under the belief the gimbal was being shipped with the Solo, not two or three months later. Had that been pointed out at the time of purchase, I never would have bought it, is that clear enough?
It's not like that was hidden in the fine print. They've been saying it since the announcement at NAB. You can still go back and watch YouTube clips by the handful from NAB. It was on their website. It was noted during the online order process. It must have taken a special effort to NOT have known.

I'm frustrated myself just like a lot of us and some of you probably know I am a big SOLO supporter. We've got a pretty good thing going on this forum here. I know I've gotten a lot of assistance here, hopefully I've passed along some to. Sure would be great if we could all play nice together,,well, most of the time. Jus' sayin'.

I'm frustrated myself just like a lot of us and some of you probably know I am a big SOLO supporter. We've got a pretty good thing going on this forum here. I know I've gotten a lot of assistance here, hopefully I've passed along some to. Sure would be great if we could all play nice together,,well, most of the time. Jus' sayin'.
I agree Dave, this site should stay civil as there are lots of opportunities for great information here on the Solo..though at times it may seem through my frustration with all the pre order shipping (NOT) shipping googlymuck that I'm anti Solo, I still believe 3DR has created a great platform and I have posted here many times that if they ever get their s%#@ together, and I have hopes they will, that we have every intention of adding a Solo to our arsenal of ENG tools. I held out with my pre-order quite awhile hoping for the best, but when the Q4K was released I cancelled my Solo order and allocated our money to Yuneec, in return I got the aircraft, gimble, FPV/controller, 4K camera and a Steady Cam in less than 4 days, thanks Jan and Peter at Aces Deals, and the Q5004K is simply an incredible UAV with lots of new cool features coming in the near future. Kudos to those who have the patience to wait it out on 3DR......Viva Solo

Reactions: rrmccabe
IMHO the cause of the delay is 3dr make sure the gimbal perfectly calibrated, vibration test, firmware tuning enhancement, etc i hope you guys give more patience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44