Gimbal not recgonized?

Reaction score
I just installed my long-awaited gimbal and was hoping to take a flight.
I'm seeing some trouble though. The solo controller reports no gimbal found when I attempt to test the camera controls. The solo app reports no gimbal and no autopilot.
I've confirmed the controller connector is installed on the gimbal. the gimbal does boot up and has a green LED.
Has anyone seen this issue or have any thoughts?

[EDIT--
This problem has resolved itself. I was testing a different tablet (with a non-beta version of 3dr services) and I saw the gimbal LED turned orange (firmware update) and the solo was blinking some odd colors. After that, gimbal appears to be good to go!!! Now, on the initial install, I did give it plenty of time to initialize and update the gimbal (15-20 mins). I don't know why it gummed up, but I'm going to go fly now]

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-25-14-47-58.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-25-14-47-58.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I just installed my long-awaited gimbal and was hoping to take a flight.
I'm seeing some trouble though. The solo controller reports no gimbal found when I attempt to test the camera controls. The solo app reports no gimbal and no autopilot.
I've confirmed the controller connector is installed on the gimbal. the gimbal does boot up and has a green LED.
Has anyone seen this issue or have any thoughts?

Did you plug in both cables for the gimbal from the Solo?

Yeah, both cables are in. I am getting the video feed to the solo app. However, this is independent of the gimbal. Since the gimbal powers up and 'goes green', we know the controller cable is also installed and working to some degree.

Are you using the latest app version. There was an update that was released just a couple of days ago.

Yeah, my original post has a screenshot from the Solo app showing the App is at 1.1.0 and the Solo & controller are at 1.1.12. The gopro is also updated to v3. I find it odd that the solo app is not returning a version for the autopilot.

No gimbal here yet.. The only other thing I can suggest is turning everything off, even tablet/phone and restarting it all - if you haven't already done so. Most likely it's the app and the tablet is being stubborn; especially if your gimbal is getting power.

I would guess app as well. However, the solo controller also says there is no gimbal connected when you attempt to use the gimbal controls. I will fire up another tablet though and test that.

I would guess app as well. However, the solo controller also says there is no gimbal connected when you attempt to use the gimbal controls. I will fire up another tablet though and test that.
Yes... My guess is it is the controller that isn't seeing it for what ever reason... Everything else (except video) is passed down from there...

I would try factory reset.

I modified the original post to include the following:
This problem has resolved itself. I was testing a different tablet (with a non-beta version of 3dr services) and I saw the gimbal LED turned orange (firmware update) and the solo was blinking some odd colors. After that, gimbal appears to be good to go!!! Now, on the initial install, I did give it plenty of time to initialize and update the gimbal (15-20 mins). I don't know why it gummed up, but I'm going to go fly now

I modified the original post to include the following:
This problem has resolved itself. I was testing a different tablet (with a non-beta version of 3dr services) and I saw the gimbal LED turned orange (firmware update) and the solo was blinking some odd colors. After that, gimbal appears to be good to go!!! Now, on the initial install, I did give it plenty of time to initialize and update the gimbal (15-20 mins). I don't know why it gummed up, but I'm going to go fly now
Woohoo. Jealous :)

Hi I have this problem ('solo gimbal not found'). I'm using an iphone 6. On the phone for 1.5 hours with 3DR who were very helpful btw... It's also failing level/compass calibration. I don't think that could be caused by wiring placement, but it does stabilize as i move Solo. Now seems more like Solo being the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44