Gimbal Not Pointing Straight?

I think HDMI seems fine, just have to make sure its adjust properly. The gimbal data cable is really stiff , so kind of have to bend and shape it carefully so it don't interfere with gimbal movement. Make sure gimbal data cable don't touch the front of the body shell.

I tried a selfie yesterday to test the gimbal. After reaching the top end of the run, the horizon was tilted slightly. After it started moving down and forward it got worse and was very noticible. By the time it got to the bottom it had leveled itself out. Aggravating...:mad:

Mine gets self adjusted

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Maddog
Mine gets self adjusted

On start-up mine does that too. Usually no problems in flight but sometimes a crap shoot.

I will say it again. The "pointing problem" isn't a problem. It's actually a feature...

I have it from 3DR now. The camera is offset by a few degrees intentionally because now that the camera is right side up in the gimbal, the lens isn't centered between the legs. It is turned a few degress on purpose so the FOV is centered between the legs...

You will notice that the gimbal is offset slighty, and is offset to the right.... There is a reason for it ;)

I will say it again. The "pointing problem" isn't a problem. It's actually a feature...

I have it from 3DR now. The camera is offset by a few degrees intentionally because now that the camera is right side up in the gimbal, the lens isn't centered between the legs. It is turned a few degress on purpose so the FOV is centered between the legs...

You will notice that the gimbal is offset slighty, and is offset to the right.... There is a reason for it ;)

Yes Few Degrees can be a feature but more than that was a bug which got fix. i can search and post the fix went on the code ..

Mine gets self adjusted

Yours seems pretty straight in the Video....
It's funny how there is some Gimbal that are straighter than others ..Even after taking the battery tray out and making sure that there is no interference with the Yaw Motor and the cables are where they should be!!
Iv also read on some other threads Powering up Solo pointing North will give you a Straighter gimbal and apparently there might be a fix for this in an upcoming FW....?

So im thinking mabe it's not so much a Hardware problem..but mabe a Software !

So I think the only remaining option to mabe correct this funny looking Gimbal is a Stick Calabration and hope it works! Or mabe 3Dr will have a fix for this!!

Or you can look at it this way...
If your gimbal and Camera is performing in the field to your satisfaction with no issues of any kind and your footage looks so incredible and flawless that your actually contemplating on quitting your job and becoming a full-time solo pilot ... Then I wouldint worry about the Gimbal not being Straight by a few Deg....:)

Now that's the information I was waiting for Earl..what took you so long.... I really thought my Gimbal was F@cked !!! Lol

Case Solved

I don't know if anyone noticed that the gimbal comes with a set of 4 different counter weights, in a small box together with the gopro lens hood? These are used to balance the gopro in the center as much as possible. Same as DSLR's on a Gimbal/Slidecam, it uses weight to counter balance the offset & weight of the cam.

Last edited:
I was seeing one leg in my first video. I made the mistake of turning on the gopro after booting up. You do not want to move the camera after booting up. Make sure the camera and gimbal are level before booting up. Add weight if needed. If you use a filter, you might have to add weight. Note some filters are too heavy and ca ruin gimbal.

I don't know if anyone noticed that the gimbal comes with a set of 4 different counter weights, in a small box together with the gopro lens hood? These are used to balance the gopro in the center as much as possible. Same as DSLR's on a Gimbal/Slidecam, it uses weight to counter balance the offset & weight of the cam.

If you watched the video or read the install instructions you know that.
I guess there might be someone who didn't do either. Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso