Gimbal can't be adjusted...?

Reaction score
Got my gimbal installed. It stabilizes just fine, but the switch on the top left of the controller doesn't allow me to tilt the gimbal. I have tried adjusted the speed via the wheel on the right, I have a green light on the gimbal. Any ideas?

Does the paddle switch move up and down? Do you have indication of movement on the controller screen?

The switch does move. But I have no indication on the screen, it says 90 degrees. Holding the preset buttons does result in a vibration, so those work I assume.

Was wondering. My paddle was stuck and would not move when I first got the Solo. It somehow, maybe in shipping got jammed. I managed to pop it out. When I move it, the indicatior on the screen shows the angle to gimbal should be tilted.
You should submit a support ticket. May just be a loose wire connection in the controller.

Was wondering. My paddle was stuck and would not move when I first got the Solo. It somehow, maybe in shipping got jammed. I managed to pop it out. When I move it, the indicatior on the screen shows the angle to gimbal should be tilted.
You should submit a support ticket. May just be a loose wire connection in the controller.
gimbal! gimbal! gimbal! :^_______^

Mines is telling me that there is No Gimbal installed, even after installing it. All switches work on my controller.

Just following up. Took a while for 3DR customer service to get this resolved. They had a hard time listening to what I was saying. They insisted I send the gimbal and copter in. I told them it was a problem with the controller. Finally, they sent me the attached PDF. This fixed my problem and only took about 5 minutes.

Attachments

• Solo guide to stick cal(Windows).pdf
    328.3 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: blackbandit
If you hold the preset button long enough, it sets it to the current angle. Then vibrates to let you know it's now set at the new setting.

There are two cables for the gimbal, one for control and one for the HDMI video output. Are you gettings a flashing green light when you power on the gimbal and the GoPro?

Just following up. Took a while for 3DR customer service to get this resolved. They had a hard time listening to what I was saying. They insisted I send the gimbal and copter in. I told them it was a problem with the controller. Finally, they sent me the attached PDF. This fixed my problem and only took about 5 minutes.
Do you have to use puTTY software?

Terminal in Mac worked just fine. It is a very fast process. Just google how to SSH from terminal it it will get you all set. Its pretty much "ssh root@[ip address]"
then password and you are good to go to follow the rest of the directions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig