Gimbal Acting Weird

David, I assumed that is what you were going to find. The giveaway to me was no so much the flopping but you'll notice in your video that your yaw motor keeps moving back and forth. It was trying to pull away from something that was holding tension on it.

The flopping, in my opinion, is from these small motors being overloaded. This can happen from something rubbing up against the yaw motor (such as in your case), g-forces from aggressive flying or from wind. Lots of manufacturers write a shut off feature into the gimbal software to protect the gimbal in these cases, but the problem I see is that these motors are too small and too weak, hence, it takes hardly nothing for the floppy condition to happen.

Here we go again with more drone drama. I installed my gimbal a few days ago. I even took the battery tray out to make sure the wires were positioned correctly. It has been working fine. Since I was going tomorrow to try to do something real with this thing I decided to give it one more test flight to check everything out So tonight the gimbal is not controllable it just moves around on it's own the green blinking status light switches back and forth to red then green. About the only thing I know to do Is check the wiring connections. Anyone else have any other ideas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl