FS_GCS_ENABLE/FS_THR_ENABLE- has anyone actually used it? YES! Read on!

That is the only logical choice.

Say I'm flying FPV in an overhead obstructed environment - inside a parking garage, inside an old building, under trees, etc. If I lost transmitter signal, I might want it to just land where it is as opposed to climbing up and trying to RTL, taking my chances that a blind landing would be better than hitting an obstruction at a higher altitude.

I'll agree that in most cases, you'd want RTL, but it'd be nice if it was explicitly stated so there's no confusion - Continue with mission in Auto, otherwise RTL.

Say I'm flying FPV in an overhead obstructed environment - inside a parking garage, inside an old building, under trees, etc. If I lost transmitter signal, I might want it to just land where it is as opposed to climbing up and trying to RTL, taking my chances that a blind landing would be better than hitting an obstruction at a higher altitude.

I'll agree that in most cases, you'd want RTL, but it'd be nice if it was explicitly stated so there's no confusion - Continue with mission in Auto, otherwise RTL.
If you are flying inside or obstructed and in manual and lost controller it likely would not have a GPS lock and would land. However, there is the possibility that it had obtained a lock while flying. If I knew I was going to fly in that environment and wanted to be safe, I would unplug the GPS or tape foil over the GPS cover.

If you are flying inside or obstructed and in manual and lost controller it likely would not have a GPS lock and would land. However, there is the possibility that it had obtained a lock while flying. If I knew I was going to fly in that environment and wanted to be safe, I would unplug the GPS or tape foil over the GPS cover.

Good information. The situation was just a hypothetical, I suck too much at FTP to attempt it!

But yea, my 250 with an M8N gets picks up more satellites indoors than my Solo typically does out! I actually tested out position hold in our bedroom one time!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig