Flying Solo at altitudes over 8,000 feet

It is the altitude of the solo sitting on the ground when you arm for takeoff. That will be zero. If you climb above the takeoff point, it will be a positive altitude. If you descend into a valley below your takeoff point, it will be negative.

sry, but i have to disagree, controller doesn´t show negative altitude it stays at zero if you go below your starting altitude
tried this 2 weeks ago in the alps, starting at 3000m and was also surprised that it didn´t show me this info

Reactions: webchimp
Sorry to dig this one up. However before I crash just wanted to double check things.

I routinely now fly from on top of a hill that is at 2400 ft elevation. The small valley below is at 2150 elevation.

I fly down into the valley will the solo go to 2500 ft on an rtl or will it go to 2250 ft rtl, considering i have RTL height set at 100 ft?

I know complete newb question, but I didnt find the answer searching. Also was planning a couple lookout flights this spring where the depth from the ridge is 500-600 ft. Will be looking down on my solo for line of sight.

Solo's altitude and RTL heights are always based on the point where it took off from. Flying below or above that point makes no difference. Solo will climb to the altitude you set for RTL above your home point.

Recently attempted flight near Rico, Colorado. Take off and flight was generally unstable, had variable control of descent rate resulting in numerous crashes. Anyone have any tips on flying in areas of high altitude?

I live just down the street in San Bernardo. I fly my Solo here almost daily. We should kick it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso