Solo = Alert = High Country.

Reaction score
Solo = Alert = High Country.
Anybody that plans of flying their Solo in the high country needs to be very careful. My Solo lost all control and came down and crashed at 80 to 100 ft altitude from a takeoff of 10,022ft altitude. I sent in the video and the logs and 3dr told me I was to high so my warranty was void. I fought this decision and my Solo was returned and they put in a new motor. I have asked them numerous times what is the altitude ceiling and they refuse to answer.
The crash was the end of August. 2016. Crash Video =
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Here is the email I sent to the supervisor who took over my case.
Hi Anthony, OK I received my drone today and you said it has been tested and is in working condition. I have some customers that want me to do a circle around them while they are enjoying the view of Colorado Springs. I am suppose to pick the date for the shoot and I have decided to do it as soon as I get my drone back from you all. I was concerned about doing this shoot cuz I will be taking off from the parking lot at Pikes Peak Summit and it is 14,115 ft in altitude and my plan is to go up 100ft and do a 400ft. circle. Since you all refuse to give me and the other Solo owners a ceiling height I have to assume it must be close to DJI ceiling height which is 16,000 or higher. Without a ceiling height I will be doing this flight with my Solo under warranty.
If you will take the time to check your records you will see I purchased two GPS shields and one was in a drone I sent to you. The drone was already on the way to you when you all said to take it out of the drone so I emailed you all and let you know what had happened. Not my fault you let me know after it was shipped so send me the GPS shield you owe me.

Last edited:
So they told you a bad motor caused the crash? I would think loss of one motor would cause Solo to roll over or yaw out of control.

Let us know what happens. Weird they wouldn't reveal the service ceiling- maybe they don't know?

Reactions: Wacky roger
So they told you a bad motor caused the crash? I would think loss of one motor would cause Solo to roll over or yaw out of control.

Let us know what happens. Weird they wouldn't reveal the service ceiling- maybe they don't know?

You know as much as I do. I will post their answer if I get one.

Reactions: Maddog

I had a similar problem too when my Solo drifted away few hundreds meters before stopping and hovering far from me...
Luckily I managed to bring it back home safe, when I filed the log to 3DR they told me that the problem was caused by a bad motor...
Probably when a motor keeps on working but with less power the Solo becomes unstable without always rolling over?

I had a similar problem too when my Solo drifted away few hundreds meters before stopping and hovering far from me...
Luckily I managed to bring it back home safe, when I filed the log to 3DR they told me that the problem was caused by a bad motor...
Probably when a motor keeps on working but with less power the Solo becomes unstable without always rolling over?
I guess thats possible.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig