Flying Manually

Reaction score
I see a lot of posts about flying Manual. Just what do I do to take full manual control of the Solo?

I see a lot of posts about flying Manual. Just what do I do to take full manual control of the Solo?
'Full' manual control on the solo would be Acro mode and is not for the inexperienced flyer. Like any other mode, you just need to go into your settings in the app and enable 'advanced' mode. Then go to the assign A & B buttons section and you will see more options available now. 'Manual' mode still maintains altitude for you and still restricts the amount of stick input, but does not rely on GPS.

Reactions: prowler9
I fly manual every once in a while. I don't like how it drifts like it does. When I am in a huge open field is when I practice with it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Fly: Manual or Fly:Stabilize is an assisted manual mode. I'd recommend that you start with Fly:Manual mode. Practice with it and learn it. This doesn't use your GPS but will fly similar to how Fly mode works.

Fly:Stabilize has the throttle stick work more like full manual mode, that is, it's not holding altitude, and you must fully control the altitude, which is a bit hard given that you're working against the centering spring on the left stick. Most heli pilots that use a mode like this do not have a centering spring on their left stick for the collective (vertical) control.

Yes, Acro mode is FULL manual mode, but be careful, it's designed for acrobatics. I don't think most people mean this when they say to fly in manual mode.

Reactions: Richard
If you take off in manual due to a lack of gps will you be able to pick up gps while flying

So, if Manual, Fly Stabalize, Drift and Across modes can be programmed to A&B buttons, is it possible to be in Fly mode (with gps) and switch into a manual mode while in flight? I may have been able to avoid a crash that destroyed a motor if switching to manual is an on-the-fly option.

Yes - it is actually highly recommended to program at least one of the non-gps modes onto your A and/or B buttons for the exact reason you state.

Oh, and yes it is possible to switch to one of those modes after having taken off and successfully continued in Fly mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig