Fly a previously saved MPCC shot with a new Solo?

Reaction score
If I have a Multi Point Cable Cam saved in my app linked to Solo "A" -- would it be possible for me to unbox a brand new Solo "B" and load up that same shot? My concern would be that somehow the app will recognize the saved shot as if exclusively associated with Solo A, and a new Solo B might have a fresh slate regarding saved shots.

Anyone have any experience with this?

No. As in no I haven't transferred smart shots myself yet, but would like to know the answer too.
Hah, dude you made my heart sink for a moment! xD ... Well if someone else doesn't answer soon, I'll have an answer before today is over and will get back here to let you know lol

Thanks, I think I saw a video online that did show in solex that the smart shot info was saved to the app. In which case I think you can just upload it to another bird. However may be a bonus question, but can you export said smart shot, send it to a friend in case they are filming in the same area in a weeks time. That type of thing. May be good if someone sets up a smart shot but maybe the weather isn't the best, so want to do it again the following week but with a different crew and bird.

Thanks, I think I saw a video online that did show in solex that the smart shot info was saved to the app. In which case I think you can just upload it to another bird. However may be a bonus question, but can you export said smart shot, send it to a friend in case they are filming in the same area in a weeks time. That type of thing. May be good if someone sets up a smart shot but maybe the weather isn't the best, so want to do it again the following week but with a different crew and bird.
I can now confirm that smart shots do carry over to a new bird. To be clear I am not using Solex tho, original 3DR app on iOS! ... I don't know about your follow up question here. But I can see how that could be useful. Even if there isn't a built-in means of exporting saved flight paths (which would be amazing if somebody made that available), it's probably possible using software to dive into files on one's phone and copying the saved data over from the correct directory where the app stores that info, since it is definitely stored there and the system seems to not be locked into a certain SOLO identification.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I can now confirm that smart shots do carry over to a new bird. To be clear I am not using Solex tho, original 3DR app on iOS! ... I don't know about your follow up question here. But I can see how that could be useful. Even if there isn't a built-in means of exporting saved flight paths (which would be amazing if somebody made that available), it's probably possible using software to dive into files on one's phone and copying the saved data over from the correct directory where the app stores that info, since it is definitely stored there and the system seems to not be locked into a certain SOLO identification.
So, where are they saved and how do you transfer?

So, where are they saved and how do you transfer?
Sorry, I was just suggesting I thought a transfer could be possible. But I didn’t need to make a transfer because the saved shots in my app were available to me after connecting to the new solo.

Old phone + old app + new solo = smart shots still available. But a new phone + new copy of app would require a transfer of the shot information somehow from old app/phone. Which I imagine is possible, but I found the simple answer I was looking for and don’t need to dig further!

To give to a sample of why I’m imagining it possible, someone may be able to use software similar to this: iExplorer · iPhone Music, Messages & File Transfer for Mac & PC to dive into their phones OS root storage, and if they could identify where the app has saved the smart shots then it could be copied over to a fresh install on another phone.

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44