Firmware, no App?

Reaction score
Have installed firmware 1.1.12, app still at version 1.0.2?
Help he out here, App Store not prompting for update.
Am I missing something?

Same thing has happened to me. I am on hold right now with 3dr support. I will you know as soon as I know something.

3dr reports there is some problem with the Solo app update. It should be resolved by this weekend.

Way too many sentences in these forums with the words "Solo" and "problem" in them.

Good day. I called also and spoke with tech support. I was told that the update for the android FW was ready and released, but the android app update was not ready and still being worked on. I was told it should be available by Sunday (23rd) or Monday (24th). Hope this helps.

Give it time to propagate through Apple's ITunes/App Store servers.
I could have sworn I got an app update notification this morning. I came back to do it a few minutes ago and nothing is there. Deleted app and re downloaded. Still the old version.

Thanks for the info. Successfully updated the Solo and controller to 1.1.12. Just waiting for the iOS 1.1.0 update for my iPad Mini to appear in the iTunes App store. Exciting! :)

I got it on my iPhone and on Solo1 this morning (traveling). I normally fly with a Nexus but it is home with Solo2. I can only bring so much on a non flying trip. I was puzzled, but it makes sense now.

Reactions: erikgraham
Personally, I think the capabilities of this thing is far outpacing most peoples abilities to understand and master. I think there are a number of "flip a switch, it works' mentality folks that ask for stuff that haven't even begun to explore what they already have. Then there are those that have loads of experience being on the bleeding edge, which we are, that understand that patience is it's own reward. So, patience my friends. A quality release is a 1000 times better than a flawed one. Remember, this is stuff no one has really done before on this level. Maybe a Predator,,lol jus' sayin'

That's what makes it interesting.
That's exactly what I said to my cardiologist when he use "heart" "problem" in the same sentence. :)
Personally, I think the capabilities of this thing is far outpacing most peoples abilities to understand and master. I think there are a number of "flip a switch, it works' mentality folks that ask for stuff that haven't even begun to explore what they already have. Then there are those that have loads of experience being on the bleeding edge, which we are, that understand that patience is it's own reward. So, patience my friends. A quality release is a 1000 times better than a flawed one. Remember, this is stuff no one has really done before on this level. Maybe a Predator,,lol jus' sayin'
3DR_So_Easy.jpg
Yeah, I wonder where us "flip the switchers" got the crazy notion that this would be a no-brainer? Wait, what?

Sorry folks, didn't mean any harm,, re-dact all my statements. I apologize to those I might have offended. Just trying to be positive,,again,,my apology

Agreed.

Though they DID say "Smart Shots". A Solo that makes Latte's would be nice.... Kidding!!!

Seriously though, Some people are wound up tighter than a 2 dollar watch about it... :)

Reactions: Jubalr
Well, as I said, I don't ever want to start a war..even a skirmish. But, I think I am on point in saying SOLo was a late comer to this game. DJI was waaaay ahead in the drone biz. And yet, in the space of only 2 months we have so much stuff that they have been aching for. Tower, beta Tower which is totally awesome, now app update, good CS and TS (compared). So now we got this stuff,,and DJI is saying,,oh yeah we're gonna have that,, yep,,soon,,,and I am sure it's true. Point being in my estimation, we are now the rabbit and they are catching us. And that's a good thing! Competition (which they didn't have before) is good for the consumer! Two different kinds of people,,1/2 empty, 1/2 full. Whatever. We should (and have been to our credit) helping each other. lol...Jus' sayin"

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
I like being on the corner of great and fail street. We don't know what we don't know. Let's see what happens.

Sorry folks, didn't mean any harm,, re-dact all my statements. I apologize to those I might have offended. Just trying to be positive,,again,,my apology
David, I was not offended by your comments, (it's a piece of plastic for goodness sakes) I was just calling out your assertion and reminding folks where the source of the "flip the switch mentality" originated from. No apology necessary, and if you want to debate the issue, I'm happy to oblige.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44