Dji hitting back

$5000 to $8000 isn't hitting back at Solo.

Too expensive for mass appeal, nice for those that need it and can afford to replace it when the inevitable mishap occurs.

one upside with the inspire's new camera compared to the rest. its hardwired into the quad. remote focus pull and on the fly settings customization. nothing on the market has that right now. gotta say, its pretty sick. annddd they just announced lightbridge 2. if they kick down half of the latency then it's pretty much a 1 to 1 live feed. their next phantom series is gonna be really cool i bet.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Im glad for the innovation in this area now, but seriously, how many people want to see where theyre flying and take a memorable archive video, versus someone who wants a flying movie camera and to sit hours on end post processing just for some clip they put on youtube. i get there are some people that will make meaningful content and that is their job...

But i currently struggle with even using 4k content because anything i want to archive, im going to convert way down just for storage purposes.
The good thing about youtube is that it can be your 4K archive, and viewable on my 4K tv or devices. but the upload times are ridiculous in my neck of the woods.

Not everyone needs a full on movie camera, so lets get them to innovate in other areas like BATTERY DESIGN, Drop boxes, cargo capacity, RANGE, Crash Chute, etc.

Reactions: lsmith1981
This is super awesome. Any info on the shutter mechanism? Is it rolling, or does it have a global shutter option like the BlackMagic? (Blackmagic Design: Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera)

Anyway, this is a serious camera. A really serious camera. 4K at 30fps crushes the Black Magic micro which does 1080P. But the Black Magic's global shutter and the data rate might mean that it captures a higher quality image. We will have to compare when these things are released in the wild, but its very impressive from DJI.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
one upside with the inspire's new camera compared to the rest. its hardwired into the quad. remote focus pull and on the fly settings customization. nothing on the market has that right now. gotta say, its pretty sick. annddd they just announced lightbridge 2. if they kick down half of the latency then it's pretty much a 1 to 1 live feed. their next phantom series is gonna be really cool i bet.

I am not sure what you mean by "hardwired" since the Zenmuse X5 is modular and can be easily removed just like the X3? Also DJI Focus is a separate product that cost $800 on top of the $2500-$5600 you already spent for the X5/XR. Still that is very cheap for this level of camera platform with a built-in stabilized gimbal. My only concern is that I would never trust a quad to handle that type of camera payload. The is just way too much risk of an unrecoverable catastrophic hardware failure with quads. At the very least I would want a Hex or a Octo MR just for the redundancy when carrying such a expensive payload. Hopefully the upcoming Inspire 2 will fill that requirement:cool: . The other issue is that the Inspire 1 Pro is not offered in a dual remote configuration like the Inspire 1.:( Also 1080P resolution setting seems to be conspicuously absent from the X5 specs. Hopefully it is just n oversight in printed specs. Personally before investing $4500-$8K on this platform I world wait to see what the Inspire 2.with Lightbridge 2 brings to the table in April In regards to Lightbridge 2, DJI also said that Lightbridge 2 will not be implemented in the Phantom line but like any market driven consumer product that is subject to change..:confused:

Reactions: Raybro
This is super awesome. Any info on the shutter mechanism? Is it rolling, or does it have a global shutter option like the BlackMagic? (Blackmagic Design: Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera)

Anyway, this is a serious camera. A really serious camera. 4K at 30fps crushes the Black Magic micro which does 1080P. But the Black Magic's global shutter and the data rate might mean that it captures a higher quality image. We will have to compare when these things are released in the wild, but its very impressive from DJI.

There are 2 versions of the camera. The normal 4k 60mbps and the other one that records raw 4k footage on its onboard 512gb ssd

There are 2 versions of the camera. The normal 4k 60mbps and the other one that records raw 4k footage on its onboard 512gb ssd
The way I read it, 60 megabits/s was the max write speed. So if it pushes to the SSD even faster, then... wow.

I can see indie filmmakers using this exclusively, even on the ground with gimbal on, props off. When they want a shot from the air, throw on some props and go.

FYI the 512GB SSD is a removeable drive
The way I read it, 60 megabits/s was the max write speed. So if it pushes to the SSD even faster, then... wow.
The X5R can process at 1.7Ggps. That is nearly twice anything out there at three times the price of the X5R Of course these are DJI marketing specs.so actual performance and reliability are still TBD.

Reactions: erikgraham

If its shooting raw then its not gonna be limited to just 60mbps. Thats only about 7megs a second. Im pretty sure itll be pushing around 200mbps at least

Reactions: erikgraham
If I could do this with my pocket cinema camera now lol but it's too heavy with the metabones speed booster and that prime lens. Unless I get a M4/3 prime

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 18

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M