controler stand

That was me. Turnigy 9xr tray from HobbyKing. Fits Solo transmitter perfect, no screws required, just slides in very snug. Don't use the included rods though for the strap, they're flimsy and will break. Attach the balance strap to the rear metal stand off poles that separate the tray plates. Been using mine for months now, works excellent. Shame more people don't know about it.

9XR Radio Tray With Balance Strap (polycarbonate)
thats the one

Reactions: Killboy
Brilliant! Think I'll do the same. I actually have some extra plexiglass leftover from another project.
Yes that's excellent Victor, I did something similiar but not as big, the thing I am having a bit of a hassle with is the mount I am using a 8.4 tab plus a shade it gets a bit weighty for the mount and it needs a bit of beefing up, the ball joint in particular because you can't tighten it fully so things don't move, it's meant more for a phone rather than a tab I think. John.

Reactions: Maddog
Yes that's excellent Victor, I did something similiar but not as big, the thing I am having a bit of a hassle with is the mount I am using a 8.4 tab plus a shade it gets a bit weighty for the mount and it needs a bit of beefing up, the ball joint in particular because you can't tighten it fully so things don't move, it's meant more for a phone rather than a tab I think. John.
I agree- that ball joint just isn't strong enough. I'd like to see something better.

I tried to put a shim of rubber around the ball so that when you tighten it up its not plastic to plastic and that seems to work but for how long I don't know.
The fitting behind the ball that attaches to the bracket that attaches to the transmitter (its a plate with four lugs on it) is used in a lot of GPS mounts and is interchangeable its just a matter of finding one that works like the existing ball-joint, anyway see how long my rubber gasket lasts.

Reactions: Maddog
I tried to put a shim of rubber around the ball so that when you tighten it up its not plastic to plastic and that seems to work but for how long I don't know.
The fitting behind the ball that attaches to the bracket that attaches to the transmitter (its a plate with four lugs on it) is used in a lot of GPS mounts and is interchangeable its just a matter of finding one that works like the existing ball-joint, anyway see how long my rubber gasket lasts.
Great idea! I'm going to try the rubber shim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44