Complex Tower Mission (Beta)-Flawless!!

Yeah, not sure Dave. It looks like it is an immediate action. Like the RTH on the controller, which will send it home regardless of what it is doing as long as the controller is in range to communicate. It isn't a preset option that will use RTM (Return To Me) instead of RTL. When you press RTM, it initiates the command right then. So I guess it would be separate from missions, fences, etc.. If you RTM and it receives the command, hit's headed to you..

I have never checked to see if RALLY_POINT is a SOLO parameter. Guess I will do that tomorrow. I think it is in MP and also is a param in Ardupilot COPTER. So, thinking ahead (which usually is a bad thing..lol) I could create a Tower mission, send it somewhere where it would be safe to land, tweak the LOITER" param to have it hover for some period of time until I got to that point and then "LAND", or if I couldn't get to that point but was close enough to connect, hit RTM and have it fly to me instead of the terminal WP. And if I couldn't :CONNECT" , it would land itself after the LOITER timeout. I think the Mojave Desert would be a good place to experiment doing this..lol

I have never checked to see if RALLY_POINT is a SOLO parameter. Guess I will do that tomorrow. I think it is in MP and also is a param in Ardupilot COPTER. So, thinking ahead (which usually is a bad thing..lol) I could create a Tower mission, send it somewhere where it would be safe to land, tweak the LOITER" param to have it hover for some period of time until I got to that point and then "LAND", or if I couldn't get to that point but was close enough to connect, hit RTM and have it fly to me instead of the terminal WP. And if I couldn't :CONNECT" , it would land itself after the LOITER timeout. I think the Mojave Desert would be a good place to experiment doing this..lol
You're right, Mojave would be great for that. But I think it would be easy to test in a small area. Do a few WPs and on the last one give it an extended Loiter on a Land WP. While still in that time period, first try the RTM. Then do the mission again and just turn off the controller, with the FS parameter set to '2'. It should then just finish the loiter and land.

Thinking again. To get RTM won't you need a cellular connection?
Tried RTM this AM, but not sure it worked. Changed RTH to RTM and nothing happened. Hit RTH and it just said it was Returning to Home. I was close to launch point so it could have been going to me I suppose, it just didn't say so. I didn't spend much time on it. Probably doing it wrong ;) Anybody exercise it yet?

I downloaded beta 6 and it says I must update 3DR services. I show no update in Google play. Any ideas?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Thinking again. To get RTM won't you need a cellular connection?
I don't think so. You don't need a map, just the coordinates of where you are. So no map needed, just a tab or phone with GPS, like Follow Me.

when i used tower it was awesome! worked for me 100% However i have to work on why it would shoot to the next way point at like MOCK10 It was flying so fast to the next waypoint. haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44