Compass calibration

Reaction score
Did anyone run in to problems calibrating their compass when updating their solo ?

I'm still updating solo.
I still have to upload the Arducopter firmware and parameters...but I can't move on because I'm having trouble calibrating the compass and it won't let me communicate with Solo.

You're describing three different things that are mutually exclusive and contradictory. What on Earth are you doing? Haven't we been through this about instructions and sticking to them??

You're describing three different things that are mutually exclusive and contradictory. What on Earth are you doing? Haven't we been through this about instructions and sticking to them??

Yes..i didn't follow directions ,and I thought I fixed it..but I guess I was wrong.

Hey Cali.

I did have compass Cal issues too
I disassembled the entire thing to fix other issues.

I don't know if I inverted my compas when I reinstalled it but it failed 7 or 8 times.

I hooked it up to mission planner and the HUD was upside down.

I set sysid_sw_mrev parm to zero, reloaded the 3.5.x parms in solex and was then able to calibrate. Have no idea why, parms were loaded already but it worked.

If you accidentally loaded the Here GPS parameters they would mess up the compass on a stock Solo because it tells Arducopter that you are no longer using a compass positioned on the leg of the quad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks