Comparing 3DR Solo to the current DJI product line

While I can see your point of view, you have to remember that in order to make a true and honest apples to apples comparison, you have to compare the two products as they come, out of the box, with both the software and hardware that the manufacturer provides you at the time of purchase.

The fact of the matter is that out of the box with the Solo and 3DR app I can accomplish certain things that my P3 with the DJI-Go app can not. Apples to apples.
As you should be able to, for $600.00 more out of the box. So we really aren't comparing apples to apples.

Reactions: Greg Parker
As you should be able to, for $600.00 more out of the box. So we really aren't comparing apples to apples.

A brand new Solo with Gimbal and GoPro Hero4 will run you around $1427. The Phantom 4 is $1399. So really, we're talking about a cost differential of about $30 at the most, at current prices from B&H. That's about as apples to apples as you can get.

A brand new Solo with Gimbal and GoPro Hero4 will run you around $1427. The Phantom 4 is $1399. So really, we're talking about a cost differential of about $30 at the most, at current prices from B&H. That's about as apples to apples as you can get.
Yes, but in your post you were comparing it to your P3.

Yes, but in your post you were comparing it to your P3.

Fair enough...but at the time the P3 was purchased, costs were still within a cpuple hundred $ or so of each other. Whatever the difference in price was, it was worth it for the additional features.

Not to mention that the P3 is now overshadowed by the Solo with it's new software updates so that's what I chose the P4 as a more equal comparison.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks