Cold Weather

So I agree with most everything said so far - I might even be the source of the hand warmer tip if snow shoeing/skiing or whatever in the cold.

The one thing I strongly disagree with is keeping the Solo itself warm. Before you fly any drone in the cold it's best to leave it out for at least 15 minutes. When you bring a drone from a warm environment to the cold it can mess with the barometers. The rapid change from warm to cold can cause condensation in the barometers. Of course if you are in a dry cold it's not as important. For example in Steamboat springs you can basically just go fly. But in Iceland or Alaska by the coast, you should let it acclimate for awhile.

Yup the on board barometer in the pixhawk2 is used to determine altitude. So i agree with you on letting it sit for a second or so. Thumbs up !

Last edited:
Yup the on board barometer in the pixhawk2 is used to determine altitude when gps is gone. So i agree with you on letting it sit for a second or so. Thumbs up !
Baro is always used for Alt, never GPS. I agree that the batteries should be kept warm for best performance, and like @erikgraham said, let the MR get acclimated for 15min or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44