Caution: Lume Cube

At Photokina where I bought mine the guys from Lume Cube. Said run time was 20 min on full power and 30min if used underwater due to the cooling effect. Think you will be lucky to get 15min running them face down. Mine only get slightly warm when using on the Solo.

Andy...can you post a pic of your Solo with the lights mounted?

Thanks...

--

Bill

Yes you get what you pay for. I wrote a cover story in RotorDrone magazine comparing 3 different lights for drones including Lume Cubes. Photographically speaking, the lights are heavy in the blue part of the spectrum and will not completely accurately photograph colors. But if you're flying Lume Cubes with your GoPro chances are you're just flying recreational lights. Save your money and get the Fiilex AL 250. It's awesome

Wowza! That fiilex light is one wonderful aerial light but at $449 Canadian bucks.. just wowza. Gel the blue or unbalanced light for thrift.

Also kinda sad that the mount accessory for the fiilex is for the Phantom 3. The GoPro 'mount' for solo is an adhesive mount. Not exactly 'made for Solo'.

I was using the light as a flash light. I (without thought) set the unit face down on a granite kitchen surface. I forgot about it for a few minutes. I was looking for where I put my light, (it was on a dark granite counter and it's black also, there was no light leak), then I saw it and reached to pick it up, I grabbed it and dropped it instantly because it was so hot. Then I could not turn it off or change the level with the buttons or the app. It finally shut off on it's own.

I'm not trying to throw any shade on the cubes, I've got 2. This was just a informative video, nothing sinister. It described what happened to me. I don't need a refresher in middle school science either, as someone thought I did.

I use LEE Filters and fix it with two pieces of gaffers tape top and bottom, and have never had an issue with burning thru or melting either.

What filters are you using to correct the cube's color (the light seems tilted toward blue)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig