Can someone do me a favor??

Reaction score
I'm still having trouble with support on an issue I'm having. In cable cam with the "automatically control camera" option disabled. Can someone see if they can manually control camera angle during cable cam via the preset buttons while either manually flying solo with the right stick or using the play button. I am unable to utilize presets in cable cam or orbit. Maybe this is how solo is designed but support seems to think it's an issue.

Thanks guys!

I dont think angle presets were ever meant to be used with smart shots at all.
maybe something we can request and get, but taking control of the smart shot is makes it no longer a smart shot, no?

Gotcha. I guess I just didn't have a good understanding of the system. It would be nice to change angles during a cable cam at the exact point you want. You can with the paddle which is what confused me when the preset buttons didn't work.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

This was discussed in another thread. Gimbal presets are supposed to work in all smart shots, as is the manual paddle.

3DR says it's a known issue that they are trying to fix.

This was discussed in another thread. Gimbal presets are supposed to work in all smart shots, as is the manual paddle.

3DR says it's a known issue that they are trying to fix.
Yeah it was my thread. 3dr seems stumped on this one. I was hoping someone who was going flying could check it.

Yeah it was my thread. 3dr seems stumped on this one. I was hoping someone who was going flying could check it.

Oh- what a small world! I tried using them about a week ago but the presets don't work. The paddle is hit & miss- sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Paddle works for me as long as I uncheck the box for solo to automatically control the camera. The preset buttons are a no go so far.

While in cable cam there are 3 dots at lower right. That's the cable cam options. There is a box for automatic camera control.

Check it and solo will control camera tilt automatically. Uncheck it and it won't. This is where I'd like preset control.

Check it and solo will control camera tilt automatically. Uncheck it and it won't. This is where I'd like preset control.

Ok, thanks. Don't think I can access that on the ground.

Hmmm. Didn't realise it was there. This is probably related to what's going on during follow me in tower. It's following, I tilt the gimbal with the paddle down so I'm actually in view, a few seconds later it snaps the camera back up to 90deg.
Or maybe it's to do with the video receiving turned in tower where the mini view controls camera tilt.
Anyone know if there is a similar " let me control the gimbal manually thanks" in tower?
I almost think the same thing has happened to me in the solo app on android.
It gets gps lock on the tablet, it auto starts in look at me, which points the camera but stops following. I hit follow me, same thing, camera keeps snapping up to the horizon. Happens each time it looses tablet gps lock (seems frequent on my tab s8.4). iOS iPhone seems to work better for follow me.

Anyway, not to hijack just mentioning in follow me gimbal control seems hit and miss and might be a clue.

Mcneeky19, are you iOS or android, and any chance if android you have tower running same time as solo? One might be taking control behind the scenes.

Hmmm. Didn't realise it was there. This is probably related to what's going on during follow me in tower. It's following, I tilt the gimbal with the paddle down so I'm actually in view, a few seconds later it snaps the camera back up to 90deg.
Or maybe it's to do with the video receiving turned in tower where the mini view controls camera tilt.
Anyone know if there is a similar " let me control the gimbal manually thanks" in tower?
I almost think the same thing has happened to me in the solo app on android.
It gets gps lock on the tablet, it auto starts in look at me, which points the camera but stops following. I hit follow me, same thing, camera keeps snapping up to the horizon. Happens each time it looses tablet gps lock (seems frequent on my tab s8.4). iOS iPhone seems to work better for follow me.

Anyway, not to hijack just mentioning in follow me gimbal control seems hit and miss and might be a clue.

Mcneeky19, are you iOS or android, and any chance if android you have tower running same time as solo? One might be taking control behind the scenes.
I'm not familiar with Tower but try un-checking that option in Smart shots and see what happens.

Mcneely- I went out and flew for a few minutes. Gimbal presets don't work in cable cam but the paddle works fine if I uncheck the option you mentioned.

At one end of cable-cam you can have gimbal pointing down at 0 deg, for example, and if you move gimbal up to say 90 deg at other end while setting it up, the gimbal will move automatically when you execute the cable-cam.

Paddle works for me as long as I uncheck the box for solo to automatically control the camera. The preset buttons are a no go so far.

That is my experience as well. I can control manually (as long as checkbox is unchecked) but not with presets. I just assumed that was "the way it is" but now that you mention it, it would be VERY handy.

That is my experience as well. I can control manually (as long as checkbox is unchecked) but not with presets. I just assumed that was "the way it is" but now that you mention it, it would be VERY handy.
Good deal. I'm not crazy then. 3dr assures me we should have full preset control in this situation. I will follow up with them and keep you guys up to date.

As of now, the presets during Orbit, Cable Cam and Selfie are not working. The only thing that works is the Tilt paddle, however, once you release it, the vehicle will stabilize the Gimbal position again. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Let me know if there's any additional question.

Regards,

Aram Robledo
[3DR Technical Support Engineer]

Yes. It is supposed to work. But when I first tried follow and attempted to set the angle for the camera the camera reset itself to 0° and I had to back out of the smart shot to get control of the gimbal.

From what he says presets don't work in smart shots. Only the paddle. Maybe they will change that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44