Gimbal presets not working issue fixed

Reaction score
Website
www.macswebs.com
Everything on my new Solo seems to be working (haven't flown it yet, crappy weather here) except for the gimbal presets. I chatted 3DR and they said to do a control stick recalibration. I read here that that is unlikely to fix the issue and I didn't want to go down that path if I didn't have to.

Anyway, playing around with it again tonight, I found that if I double click the preset buttons it works just great. I read elsewhere that's how someone else got them to work. I tried it for about 10 minutes, single click: nothing but a double click moved the gimbal every time.

Anyone else having trouble with presets might want to try this. Simple enough to try it and find out and it costs nothing to try!

Last edited:
Are they not set well from the factory? Is this likely to change the gimbal preset function?
The paddles are adjusted with the sticks on a stick cal so I'd go ahead and do it. Search the forum for stick calabration.

The paddles are adjusted with the sticks on a stick cal so I'd go ahead and do it. Search the forum for stick calabration.
The paddle works fine. The dial to set preset speed works fine. The issue is the buttons don't activate the preset unless they are double clicked (at least in my case). The calibration process doesn't do anything with the buttons.

Is it possible that the presets haven't been set to any specific area? Maybe try storing new setpoints and see if that does anything.

Is it possible that the presets haven't been set to any specific area? Maybe try storing new setpoints and see if that does anything.

No, I can set the preset to any spot I desire, setting them works fine. I tried numerous different setpoints with no improvement. Double clicking got them to work at any setpoint however. I really don't mind the double click, just as long as the gimbal is fully functional.

Everything on my new Solo seems to be working (haven't flown it yet, crappy weather here) except for the gimbal presets. I chatted 3DR and they said to do a control stick recalibration. I read here that that is unlikely to fix the issue and I didn't want to go down that path if I didn't have to.

Anyway, playing around with it again tonight, I found that if I double click the preset buttons it works just great. I read elsewhere that's how someone else got them to work. I tried it for about 10 minutes, single click: nothing but a double click moved the gimbal every time.

Anyone else having trouble with presets might want to try this. Simple enough to try it and find out and it costs nothing to try!
I have had the same issue since I got Solo over a year ago. I have never found a fix for it but occasionally a single click works.

I just double click.

everything seems to be working great, but I cannot get the Gimbal pretest buttons to work at all. I just did a controller hard reset (restore) as well as a stick calibration. The wheel changes the speed, but the 1 and 2 buttons are completely unresponsive. I can't even change the presents, and somehow the 1 preset is at 52
Anybody encounter this at all?
Thanks!
Jake

everything seems to be working great, but I cannot get the Gimbal pretest buttons to work at all. I just did a controller hard reset (restore) as well as a stick calibration. The wheel changes the speed, but the 1 and 2 buttons are completely unresponsive. I can't even change the presents, and somehow the 1 preset is at 52
Anybody encounter this at all?
Thanks!
Jake
Did you try double clicking the buttons? Mine was the same until I discovered that double clicking made them work.

FWIW I got a second Solo the other day and again the gimbal would not respond with a single click of the buttons but double clicks got it to function every time. Whole different Solo, controller and gimbal. Same GoPro, but I can't see how that could have any impact on the gimbal function.

I also just got another one. Haven't set it up yet. Will see if mine works or not. If it does NOT work I would have to say it is GoPro related somehow o_O

Minor update: I've been flying my 2nd Solo predominantly since I got it. As I said above, at first it required double clicks to get the gimbal to move due to the presets. Now it only takes one click. Weird. My first one had as many flights under its belt and it always required a double click.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000