Can 1 Single Remote Support Multiple Solo's??

Reaction score
With cheap prices on Solo only refurbs and retuns(no remote included), is it possible to have multiple Solo's paired up to 1 single controller??
Im not talking about flying them all at once, but can i operate a fleet of solo's all with 1 single remote without pairing each one before each and every flight??

where are you finding solo only deals
would love to find a vehicle only at a good price

So I have to go through the pairing process every time I want to fly a different unit? any way to add a white list of solos, or something similar to be able to just grab 1 of 3 and go fly without pairing every time??

So I have to go through the pairing process every time I want to fly a different unit? any way to add a white list of solos, or something similar to be able to just grab 1 of 3 and go fly without pairing every time??

I believe you can only have one Solo paired to the transmitter at a time. Meaning you would have to re-pair when switching to a different Solo.

Pick up another controller. I've seen them on eBay for $50 (and less).
I bought one on Ebay 43 shipped, Supposedly a store return it looked brand new and unused but would not pair. Peering into the controller I observed one red, one green, and one orange LED all were solid telling me the computer did not boot properly. I opened it up re-seated the SD card and its worked fine ever since. Some good deals out there no doubt.

I believe you can only have one Solo paired to the transmitter at a time. Meaning you would have to re-pair when switching to a different Solo.

Apparently you can have multiple Solos paired to the same controller. I've been switching between two Solos for a few weeks. I paired each of them with the controller once. Now it doesn't matter which of the Solos I turn on, the controller recognizes it.

What I haven't figured out yet is how to get Solex to recognize each as separate vehicles. All vehicle information is for the combined use of both Solos.

Reactions: Maxheadspace
Now that I have been playing with it, I found similar results. In my fleet of several solo's, I found once a new solo has been paired to remote, its just a matter of powering on a different solo then pressing the A & B button to switch over to a different solo to connect to it. Pretty simple..

Reactions: Frank Foster
Apparently you can have multiple Solos paired to the same controller. I've been switching between two Solos for a few weeks. I paired each of them with the controller once. Now it doesn't matter which of the Solos I turn on, the controller recognizes it.

What I haven't figured out yet is how to get Solex to recognize each as separate vehicles. All vehicle information is for the combined use of both Solos.

That is good news. I have four flying Solos, but only three controllers. I'll test this out tonight. Since I have an iPhone, the Solex connection is not an issue for me. Thanks for the info!

Since Solex uses the SSID to define which air vehicle you are flying I'm not sure it is an easy fix. Kelly can probably use the PH2 serial number to differentiate between copters but I assume the vast majority of Solo fliers have one controller paired to one Solo.
Maybe if you bought him a [emoji481] or two.

where are you finding solo only deals
would love to find a vehicle only at a good price
Pyrate on Ebay a guy has returned solo's new for $55 and free ship. No bat, controller ,chargers or props. I have bought 5 now and got all flying, one had a bad pod and one even came with a working gimbal.

Pyrate on Ebay a guy has returned solo's new for $55 and free ship. No bat, controller ,chargers or props. I have bought 5 now and got all flying, one had a bad pod and one even came with a working gimbal.

I picked up three of those "for parts only" Solos on eBay; one was not fly-able due to crash, one flies great but will not control the gimbal, and one functions like brand-new. On the one that will not control the gimbal, I reinstalled the original GoPro mount and will use that with my Peau Preau NDVI camera for surveying. The crashed one I am parting it out for spares or parts to sell.

Jimloss, I tried pairing my two Solos to one controller this evening, but the controller still wants to pair every time I switch from one Solo to the other. However, I don't have to stick a toothpick up the pairing hole to initiate the pairing process. My controller automatically pops up "New Solo detected", then I do the A+B pairing. I'm fine with that. It's still very easy.

Since Solex uses the SSID to define which air vehicle you are flying I'm not sure it is an easy fix.

If it uses the SSID to define the Solo in use, wouldn't you be able to set both solos with the same SSID? Since you would not have them both on at the same time, there wouldn't be a conflict. Just a thought.

Jimloss, I tried pairing my two Solos to one controller this evening, but the controller still wants to pair every time I switch from one Solo to the other. However, I don't have to stick a toothpick up the pairing hole to initiate the pairing process. My controller automatically pops up "New Solo detected", then I do the A+B pairing. I'm fine with that. It's still very easy.

Yes, that's correct. You have to hold the A+B to pair with each Solo when you change, but the controller recognizes the Solo and pairs very quickly. The pairing button on the Solo never needs to be used after the first time, so switching between different Solos is very simple and quick.

Reactions: Maxheadspace
so I might as well ad the better wifi card to the one remote thats controlling the whole fleet, get a little more power on the tx end anyways......??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig