Camera options

By pass the gimbal and plug in the hdmi cable that goes into the gimbal board. The hdmi port on the gimbal board may be too loose. I remember I had the no video feed problem with my first Solo until the tech told me to check the connection at the port. I believe there is a hdmi sniffer program you can run to check your hdmi feed, you may want to google it. You may also try different camera.

Yeah, I did already. I have 2 Solos and tried on both via direct connection bypassing the gimbal. The video feed with my Hero 5 works. Must really be the hdmi output of the 6S. The only part I don't understand is why the output works to a different monitor source such as my tv.

Did you change any setting on your 6s. Mine worked right out the box. my version is 2,6 tv mode is ntsc, data rate low video mode 1080p/60fps

I played with the settings and tried every combination, but I will try again. I set set it to factory default settings.

It has been a year since I worked on the Solo camera issue. Last year, when I purchased the Solo with my personal fund, I used the hero3+ camera from previous Solo project. I found out the control did not work. Not willing to purchase a hero4, I tried different camera.
V3 4K WiFi Sport Camera 16MP
Xiaomi Yi Action Camera Official EU. Edition 2K Super HD
New Hawkeye Firefly 6S Distortionless 4K WIFI FHD CMOS Camera

The cameras gave me video feed but I couldn't get the control working. During a test, I managed to damage the xioami camera when the camera came loose and crashed the Solo. After I acquired the second Solo, I got an used hero4 black for $220

ps. xiaomi seems to a good fit if you are not a gopro fan like me. It is the lighest, the port is at the back, it fits well in the stock gopro holder and the price is much cheaper than gopro.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela