The prospect of night flying was too much, so I held off on my Vicodin until after sunset. Here's a night landing video of the new LEDs. These things are AMAZING in the dark. It is so easy to maintain orientation, and the thing sticks out like a medivac helicopter. I'm impressed with how wide angle the LEDs are. Even from 90 degrees off the side, the red strobe facing straight back is still bright.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for sharing, P2P. They look awesome. I got a break in the rain, and took mine out for a short test. At 175' up and 800' out, they were clear as day. I can't wait for things to dry up here for awhile, so I can take them out at night. Your use of the front Polar Pro as a headlight works great. I will be doing the same on my second set for Solo #2. I hope you are off the Vicodin real soon.

Reactions: Pedals2Paddles
I know, but I did not think so 'much, however no problem, had to say

Glad they arrived ok. Those were the customs charges we discussed before?

Yeah. They are ace.

Just waiting for a break in the weather here.

See how things go tomorrow.

Got the day to myself as my good lady has to work.

(Cheesy grin)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The prospect of night flying was too much, so I held off on my Vicodin until after sunset. Here's a night landing video of the new LEDs. These things are AMAZING in the dark. It is so easy to maintain orientation, and the thing sticks out like a medivac helicopter. I'm impressed with how wide angle the LEDs are. Even from 90 degrees off the side, the red strobe facing straight back is still bright.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice, I think I do it similar to yours

I did some testing today. With the nav lights, strobes, and Polar Pro front landing light, it draws about 500mah, or about 8mah per minute. That's about 30 seconds of flight time, which ain't bad at all for how useful it is. For everyone that doesn't have the Polar Pro tied in, it is probably half that.

Reactions: Maddog
Just ordered looking forward to trying out.Gonna go with the polar pro mix because I ordered after Maddox had said he was having problems and not going to be shipping.So now I'll just use both.Thanks for the video and review pedals2paddles.

I did some testing today. With the nav lights, strobes, and Polar Pro front landing light, it draws about 500mah, or about 8mah per minute. That's about 30 seconds of flight time, which ain't bad at all for how useful it is. For everyone that doesn't have the Polar Pro tied in, it is probably half that.
Thanks- that's good to hear!

I would be interested in the ordering details also. I do have the polar pro front and rear lights. Thanks!

POLAR PRO UPDATE:
I did some testing using a polar pro that was sent to me for testing

The front lights are pulling 235 mA and the rear 165 mA for a total of 400 mA.

The front nav lights on Brite Lite are set at 300 mA. Adding in the strobing led's plus the front polar pro lights brings the total to approx. 1 amp when the strobes flash.

Solo can output a max of 1.1 amps.

So, just FYI, I'm OK with wiring Brite Lite to use the front polar pro lights but not the rear.

EDIT: I forgot to mention polar pro has a forward voltage of 12 volts. Solo puts out just over 16 volts fully charged and drops to around 14 volts by "time to land". It will be interesting to see how long they last being "over-volted".

Last edited:
I would be interested in the ordering details also. I do have the polar pro front and rear lights. Thanks!
They are $90 ea. + $5 shipping anywhere in CONUS.
I can fit up to 3 in one box so shipping would still be $5 for all.

You can PayPal me at: [email protected].
Please include your name and shipping address. PayPal does not always give me the address you have on file with them.o_O

Ok, Thanks for the reply. Knowing the draw with the Polar Pros, I would prefer not to have that option.
I will get back and confirm an order.

Reactions: Maddog
I was using them on Saturday evening too. Getting some sunset pics, I had just the strobes on since it was daylight. Then I went through two more batteries as dusk was setting in with it lit up in all it's glory. It makes me smile seeing how bright it is and how easy it is to spot.

Reactions: Maddog and speatuk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig