bought a hero 4 black now what?

Reaction score
got my drone on black friday and i had a hero 3+ had issues i now have a hero 4 black

first i took off the hero 3 weights off my gimbal.
installed it on the solo.

my question is what do i have to do to get this to turn on when i turn on the solo and i can not get it to record. the button is greyed out nothing happens when i hit it

I'm not certain, but you may have to power on the GoPro manually at startup and then the software will take over.

ok, I just updated the firmware on the camera to 5.0 and now everything is working! i can see the record button and the camera shuts off when the solo does plus i can change the settings for the camera in the solo app, all of this was greyed out before

GPH4B -for full function of all camera functions you'll have to downgrade firmware to 3.0. With that said the complete gimbal functionality was designed over a year ago on that version.

Plenty of threads here in the forum.

GPH4B -for full function of all camera functions you'll have to downgrade firmware to 3.0. With that said the complete gimbal functionality was designed over a year ago on that version.

Plenty of threads here in the forum.

That's a little misleading. I know what you mean but a newb won't.

• On GoPro firmware v4 and v5, the camera will no longer power on with the solo. You need to manually turn the GoPro on. I suggest you do that before powering on the solo so you're not manhandling the gimbal while it's powered on. On GoPro firmware v3, the camera will power on with the Solo. GoPro changed things when going from v3 to v4, so this is the one that that no longer works that used to work.

• The camera functions available in the Solo App do not change with the GoPro firmware versions. Those options in the application are the only options you will ever have. Those are the options that 3DR was able to provide at the time it was designed around GoPro firmware v3. Even back then, there are still some GoPro options that are not accessible through the Solo App. They were not available then, and they still aren't available now. Mostly ProTune settings.

• New feature on the GoPro that were introduced in GoPro firmware v4 and v5 are also not going to be on the Solo App. They didn't exist on the app back then, so they certainly won't be there today.

• Most of the GoPro options that are not available in the Solo App are ProTune settings. So if you intend to use them, you will need to set those options in advance on the ground using the buttons on the GoPro. You can turn ProTune on and off using the Solo App, but you do not and never will have all the ProTune individual settings to change in flight through the app.

Reactions: Derriell
Turns out the upgrade to version 5 messed with the camera. I called gopro they had me do a manual firmware update and now it works thank for the help everyone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44