Best thread lock

Reaction score
Hi all

As above any ideas of the best advice on metal to plastic thread lock?

I've heard nail polish?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
-Steve

While we're on the subject, DONT USE LOCTITE ON PLASTIC!

Blue Loctite ( Prob Red too?) makes plastics crumble to nothingness.

Made this mistake a couple months back usI got some Blue Loctite 242 I think on a Seaplane. Had to completely replace some plastic wing joining hardware after using Loctite.

Note, this applies to brittle plastics. Have not seen this effeft on Nylon hardware.

Thanks guys, I'm just having a nose about around my doner solo, thought I would try on this one for the strip down and I think I have slightly over tightened one of the screws a bit as the darn thing will tighten fully home. It's tight but I can still move it with no extra pressure.

Just thought, I think I will get some in as I'm probably, we'll definitely, going to do it again at some point.

I see the screw from the factory have a blue kind of locking thread seal on them.

Pushjerk, thanks for this, this is exactly the reason I am asking.

I had read that the normal thread lock is oil based, I think it said, and the last (oops that spellchecked to lady lol I don't think I want to put, "the lady thing I want to do lol." This was the edit I had to make after posting lol) thing I wanted to do is make the plastic brittle.

Coz you know what will happen?

I'll put some on the threads, then next time I take it apart I'll smash it pieces trying to unscrew it.
Lol.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Have a great day.

Stay safe if your flying.

-Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WARNING!!!!! Do not use loctite on Solo!!!!! I used the weakest strength one today on my motor pod screws and it disintegrated the plastic! Now I need two motor pods and a solo body.

Crap.

WARNING!!!!! Do not use loctite on Solo!!!!! I used the weakest strength one today on my motor pod screws and it disintegrated the plastic! Now I need two motor pods and a solo body.

Crap.
See post #4 above. Sorry you found this out the hard way.

I'm trying to figure out why you would need LocTite at all on props given that these are self-tightening.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig