Best of friends?

I believe you can hit pause, then fly button and fly manually without the app. I have seen posts from users that have done just that.

I am not doubting anyone but this does not seem right. I would not want quad control depending on app. Makes me wonder of the Linux computer is hanging and the app is not responding waiting on the linux controller computer.

Ditto
I'm not real keen on the idea of a App driven anything. I took the day off to mess around a little more. I just got back from another field were I did a couple field test, without actually flying. This was strictly a little range test for myself. I also removed every app on my iPhone 6 Plus. In 20 minutes the App lost connection 3X. The Solo is just sitting on the ground on a plastic pad and I have the controller walking around it. It happened at 20 feet away and 160ft away. Yup.....its going back

Yea I don't blame you. Today is Monday. You might try the trouble ticket system and see if anything shows up in there. Be interested to see how 3DR responds.

Reactions: AmosMoses
Ditto
I'm not real keen on the idea of a App driven anything. I took the day off to mess around a little more. I just got back from another field were I did a couple field test, without actually flying. This was strictly a little range test for myself. I also removed every app on my iPhone 6 Plus. In 20 minutes the App lost connection 3X. The Solo is just sitting on the ground on a plastic pad and I have the controller walking around it. It happened at 20 feet away and 160ft away. Yup.....its going back
Yea I don't blame you. Today is Monday. You might try the trouble ticket system and see if anything shows up in there. Be interested to see how 3DR responds.

Yeah, make sure to submit a trouble ticket first before you return it please! At least give 3DR the information so they can see what's going on in your specific case.

I will be selling my p3p as soon as I get my antenna mod and can verify 1+ miles on the Solo... :)

Reactions: Raybro
I will be selling my p3p as soon as I get my antenna mod and can verify 1+ miles on the Solo... :)
DBS has been claiming 2.5 miles. I'm sure FPVLR will have something BUT I can't accept their prices!!

Keep the P3 for the longer runs and the SOLO for the cool shots. That's what I'm going to do.

Im not a huge photographer (i love it, but im not good yet)... I dont see keeping a $1500 investment just for the added range when i can get 2+ miles on the solo with whatever antenna system ends up being the right fit, for the $
So im good with 1 drone.. just gotta make sure the solo passes all my tests... so far it has

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig