Best android tablet with HDMI out?

Reaction score
So I want to wait for the Shield 2, but it will be costly as well. Why not just get something that works now.
What would you guys recomend that works well and has HDMI out so i can plug in my Sweet headplay goggles?
thanks

So I want to wait for the Shield 2, but it will be costly as well. Why not just get something that works now.
What would you guys recomend that works well and has HDMI out so i can plug in my Sweet headplay goggles?
thanks
I would recomend the Solo controller... It already has an HDMI out :)

Without telemetry . I want that, plus I also have p3p which doesnt have hdmi out and spending another $150 on that piece is stupid :)
so yeah, i want a tablet with HDMI out haha

Define what you mean by 'best'?

I'm using a $78 tablet, and it has HDMI, but I'm not sure if would qualify as 'best' (there is no internal GPS to use 'Follow Me'). But for the price, it's not a bad 8 inch dedicated Solo tablet.

i am useing the samsung tab s 8.4 works great

RIch, which one is that? i dont need best, that should be chaged... it will be pretty dedicated to the solo/phantom, but must have HDMI out.
thanks

Define what you mean by 'best'?

I'm using a $78 tablet, and it has HDMI, but I'm not sure if would qualify as 'best' (there is no internal GPS to use 'Follow Me'). But for the price, it's not a bad 8 inch dedicated Solo tablet.

Which 78 tablet are you using? Need to upgrade from my Note 4 and are you using Tower on the tablet as well?

one question, with the Android Tablet and the Solo App. can record the live video feed from the gopro into the Tablet? (once we get the gimbal of course). At the beggining it was not possible, I'm not sure if the Solo App allows this?

thank You

I know this is possible on the nvidia shield tablet. im not sure about other tablets. i dont think so.. i think the screen capture piece is only on the nvidia shield

Hi, tHank You for your reply. Anybody using an Android device could help? what about with the Ipad, could it be posible in a IOS device?

Hi, tHank You for your reply. Anybody using an Android device could help? what about with the Ipad, could it be posible in a IOS device?
Android I have a s6 and love it but no recording in app, I also use my iPhone 5s and every compatible Apple device automatically has the button on screen to record to tablet or phone. So in short android you get tower now and iOS you get the record to device function now, hopefully both will have each option in the future but for now it's one or the other unless you have access to both.

I'd assume you could use an adapter for an iPad to hdmi for your goggles but haven't tried since I mainly use my s6 and am kinda tired of my fat sharks, head play seems perfect for me but does look a bit crazy to wear out in public, thats really the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on them yet.

How you like yours now that you've had some time with them are both lenses good options or is one already your go to?

image.jpg

HDMI Adapter for Samsung Tabs

COMPATIBILITY (All 2013 Galaxy Tab® Model with Micro USB Port)

Galaxy Note 8.0 White (GT-N5110ZWYXAR)
Galaxy Note 8.0 Brown - Black (GT-N5110NKYXAR) Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 White (SM-T210RZWYXAR)
Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 White (SM-T3100ZWYXAR)
Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 White (GT-P5210ZWRXAR)

makes me wonder why i dont just continue to use my phone, to keep weight low, and get the HDMI add on for the P3P, and the solo has hdmi out, which i guess may be good enough.. i dunno

Thank You, Yes, hopefully we will get both options in one phone soon.

Android I have a s6 and love it but no recording in app, I also use my iPhone 5s and every compatible Apple device automatically has the button on screen to record to tablet or phone. So in short android you get tower now and iOS you get the record to device function now, hopefully both will have each option in the future but for now it's one or the other unless you have access to both.

Which 78 tablet are you using? Need to upgrade from my Note 4 and are you using Tower on the tablet as well?
Nextbook 8 inch from Walmart. Yes tower and Solo app runs. Another member here turned me onto it. It's OK for the price, just no internal gps

Nextbook 8 inch from Walmart. Yes tower and Solo app runs. Another member here turned me onto it. It's OK for the price, just no internal gps

Thanks Rich, I will check it out. I'm assuming you have had no app crashes thus far. If so then I will probably go that route.

Reactions: faroutmatt

Will the tower app run w/o a cell connection?

It's not the best tablet, it's not the fastest, it's not the best screen for outdoors use.....

But so far it's working with the Solo. For the price, I got what I expected. I only wish it had its own GPS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44