Benefits in waiting til (future date) to buy Solo?

i spend most of my time over on rcg and facebook, but i linger over here. the situation in the rcg solo thread is disheartening. the mods are absolutely no help whatsoever. craigiri and sasquatch labs have effectively ruined the thread. i used to enjoy logging in to see who had questions. hey maybe i could help. see new photos or videos taken with solo. nope just their agenda. post after post after post on a daily basis. i'm actually thinking about closing the thread.

as to original poster...solo is a modular platform. it is capable of being physically upgraded. it is modular with the gimbal bay and accessory bay and the software is getting better with every release. look how fast solo specific features was added to tower. if you want a solo, you won't gain anything by waiting. the launch was rough, there are still some iou's, but solo is performing well in the field for many people. there are issues, but they get acknowledged and resolved.

i spend most of my time over on rcg and facebook, but i linger over here. the situation in the rcg solo thread is disheartening. the mods are absolutely no help whatsoever. craigiri and sasquatch labs have effectively ruined the thread. i used to enjoy logging in to see who had questions. hey maybe i could help. see new photos or videos taken with solo. nope just their agenda. post after post after post on a daily basis. i'm actually thinking about closing the thread.

as to original poster...solo is a modular platform. it is capable of being physically upgraded. it is modular with the gimbal bay and accessory bay and the software is getting better with every release. look how fast solo specific features was added to tower. if you want a solo, you won't gain anything by waiting. the launch was rough, there are still some iou's, but solo is performing well in the field for many people. there are issues, but they get acknowledged and resolved.

Hey Frank welcome been waiting for ya to do like I did and throw in the towel on phantom forums RCG circus. Glad to see you here and honestly closing the solo owners thread is the best thing you could do it would ruin Craigiri and the others entire life. I doubt the guys ever even owned a multi and this is just the newest subject in his life long trolling expedition. I know it sucks that your there trying to help and may have to close it up cause some obsessed ass hats with nothing better to do, but this is truly the place for someone like yourself. I've learned so much here since leaving RCG it's unbelievable, all I learn in the times I drop in over on RCG now is how much I can't stand assholes like craigiri and his little following. I try my best, but can't even stop from commenting on their ridiculous posts so I only go to RCG to check the classifieds occasionally now and avoid solo owners all together.

Anyway you'll fit in great here and the mods here are great, beside being pretty lucky that not too many of those a holes show up here. Yea there's a few whiners, but overall this is a great community and most everybodies here trying to help or learn from folks with experience.

Thanks for all the help back on RCG, hope to see more of ya here.

Reactions: Del
Oh man, I was trying to forget about craiggirly.
I mean craigiri.

Hey Frank, I see you pop in here on occasion but know that you are a great help and hope to see more of you here.

Fly Safe..

i watched my shot go away tonight as i waited 20 minutes to hook up to gps and it got dark so i had to just give up. this is on a refurbished solo because when i sent mine in for them to work out the gimbal bugs they never looked at it they just sent me a refurbished solo and a refurbished gimbal. They made me several promises and never come through on them. I am really disappointed with 3DR. this whole experience has been a nightmare for me.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
i watched my shot go away tonight as i waited 20 minutes to hook up to gps and it got dark so i had to just give up. this is on a refurbished solo because when i sent mine in for them to work out the gimbal bugs they never looked at it they just sent me a refurbished solo and a refurbished gimbal. They made me several promises and never come through on them. I am really disappointed with 3DR. this whole experience has been a nightmare for me.

Go to the dark side and get yourself and Phantom 3 Pro.........

Then send it back in 3 weeks for 2 months to fix cracks and fly your solo while you wait, win win for both companies that is. Either one has issues that are known, I'm sticking with solo as this is their first real run and they are actually working to fix theirs at no charge. P3 or phantom v10 after all the p2v2 p2vplus and so on, still has issues and many of the phantom issues over the versions have been ignored and denied. May want to wait for p3 pro plus too, I'm sure it'll be out in a couple months forcing you to buy another bird with another tiny upgrade and no other changes.

Then send it back in 3 weeks for 2 months to fix cracks and fly your solo while you wait, win win for both companies that is. Either one has issues that are known, I'm sticking with solo as this is their first real run and they are actually working to fix theirs at no charge. P3 or phantom v10 after all the p2v2 p2vplus and so on, still has issues and many of the phantom issues over the versions have been ignored and denied. May want to wait for p3 pro plus too, I'm sure it'll be out in a couple months forcing you to buy another bird with another tiny upgrade and no other changes.

No one forces you to buy anything LOL

The cracks are few and far between, I was at a local get together a month ago with 14 flyers from PA an none of us had cracks on our P3A's or P's At least I'm not waiting for a gimbal after 6 months LOL

Why are you here exactly if you have no solo and I'm not the one whining about my purchase. I went in knowing it was going to need work to be perfected, since I have common sense I expected it. Have fun with your lil white toy at your big play date. You made your choice and I made mine, but you'll have another choice to make soon while I'm simply upgrading for a few bucks. I own both companies quads and if you expected perfection out of the box your obviously in the wrong hobby and not all that bright. Good luck

Now am I calling you names? What I expected is not to be lied to about the availability and shipping of the Solo and shipping of the gimbal. What I expected is something to work out of the box, you think for $1300 you would get that. I'm glad you love your Solo, really.........I truly wished mine would have worked but after 2 weeks I was told to return it to Best Buy. Have fun with your black toy

Now am I calling you names? What I expected is not to be lied to about the availability and shipping of the Solo and shipping of the gimbal. What I expected is something to work out of the box, you think for $1300 you would get that. I'm glad you love your Solo, really.........I truly wished mine would have worked but after 2 weeks I was told to return it to Best Buy. Have fun with your black toy
Please post a video you've made piloting something other than a GPS guided semi-automous flying machine.
I'm sure a lot of folks here would love to see it.

Please post a video you've made piloting something other than a GPS guided semi-automous flying machine.
I'm sure a lot of folks here would love to see it.

You want woods, surf.....from which platform P2 or P3? And what does this have to do with the Solo working or not working

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig