Been out of the game a while, anything new?

Reaction score
I haven't flown my bird in probably 8-10 months and with the weather getting nice again, I was thinking of firing it up. Anything new that has been put out on this or have they stopped support/upgrades with the Solo?

Yes, I have used it a couple times. There a few features that the original Solo App were missing (such as battery monitor for multiple batteries, ability to track Solo Usage across several birds). It also has a HUD screen that's pretty neat if you're used to FPV type flying. There are also custom shots different than Solo App. One feature I like is that you can change users that are tracked in Follow Me. If each person has Solox installed on their Android device (or if you own multiple devices you can share), you can change which person is followed. Kind of neat if you ride in a group setting.

Hit YouTube for Solex videos.
HUD is mentioned here, about 3:40. Think flying an airplane and the associated displays:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

HUD is a pilot's point of view overlay with flight information data such as elevation, direction of flight, battery power, etc. Just displayed in a fashion similar to that of a fighter pilot's HUD.

It's not intended to be used for setting up video shots, but rather for fun flying (like if you were wearing googles - think FPV, but no one does that anymore, right, per FAA regs? No rule breakers out there now...).

Attachments

• 20170228_140348_rmscr.jpg
    20170228_140348_rmscr.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 13

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig