Bearing faults

Reaction score
I found an interesting illustration showing various bearing faults and how they are isolated to their type of fault by their signature. Mobius Institute is a vibration education and software company for analyzing vibration in industrial motors. For the couple of videos that I watched, this is actually interesting science and math.

I think .000001% of people could find this interesting. But if your trying to isolate vibration emitting from brushless motors this may assist in narrowing down the cause, whether it is props, bell, shaft or bearings. If anything this could provide a better understanding in what is seen using a vibration app and your phone to detect vibration. Then again this maybe completely worthless info...

Here is a bearing specific video, there are other videos from Mobius with broader and with greater details.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: aidanlou and pyrate
explains some of those crazy cyclical vibrations
X4, X6 OR X8 and in some odd cases X3 - tricopter?

I doubt a phone app will capture anything as shown in the video. But seeing the sine wave and the blips within could provide an ability to distinguish a bad bearing. You know the question, "how to tell when a bearing is going bad"....the high frequency vibe as an audible tone. Glad I have T-Motors...buttery smooth.

Reactions: pyrate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny