April 2017 Ardupilot Development Update

Yes very good reading. Looking forward to running master on my solo(s)

Thank you.

It is the firmware that controls the flight controller computer
so, because I am so "green" to this market still, what is the direct benefit that it offers? how is it implemented? and when paired with other modifications and upgrades how does the experience differ from not having it?

so, because I am so "green" to this market still, what is the direct benefit that it offers? how is it implemented? and when paired with other modifications and upgrades how does the experience differ from not having it?
Without it nothing happens. Think of it like Windows OS or Mac OS for your computer. The firmware is what controls everything; output to the motors, readings from the sensors and acting on those readings, what the sticks do on the controller, etc..

Without it nothing happens. Think of it like Windows OS or Mac OS for your computer. The firmware is what controls everything; output to the motors, readings from the sensors and acting on those readings, what the sticks do on the controller, etc..
So, "it" is what the Solo is controlled by from the factory?

Arducopter is the flight controller as described. The other component that makes the solo special is the companion computer. That's what runs all the smart shots, handles the custom controller in your hands, downlinks the video, interprets camera controls, etc.

The flight controller (it is a Pixhawk 2.0) runs Arducopter. The companion computer also has it's own linux firmware that 3DR created.

P2P,

I was reading the notes and it talked about using dual gps's. Would this be possible if and when master works well on the Solo.

Also, since some folks have purchased the "Green Cube" and master is supposed to work with master, would the dual setup work with that?

Thanks man and keep up the good fight!

Yes. Dual GPS, including GPS blending, will work on master with both the green cube and the stock cube.

Reactions: speatuk
That's what I'm talking about! Would love to do the Here mod and have it work with my mRo gps.

Still waiting to get some funds to purchase the Green cube. Can't wait!!

Reactions: speatuk
That's what I'm talking about! Would love to do the Here mod and have it work with my mRo gps.

Still waiting to get some funds to purchase the Green cube. Can't wait!!

This is what I have asked on a Facebook forum, but as yet no one has replied to me.

I have the green cube and the here and the dual gps cable on order also a folding mast.

I will give updates to all when I have them and I fandangled them onto my solo.

Reactions: Jose969
This is what I have asked on a Facebook forum, but as yet no one has replied to me.

I have the green cube and the here and the dual gps cable on order also a folding mast.

I will give updates to all when I have them and I fandangled them onto my solo.
Can you provide link for the mast? Looking forward to your updates.

If your in the U.K.

eBay from RC Drone Parts.
£8.49 free delivery.
Item number: 231627920003

Arducopter is the flight controller as described. The other component that makes the solo special is the companion computer. That's what runs all the smart shots, handles the custom controller in your hands, downlinks the video, interprets camera controls, etc.

The flight controller (it is a Pixhawk 2.0) runs Arducopter. The companion computer also has it's own linux firmware that 3DR created.
so to simplify, if I don't have anything to do with changing the code then it means nothing to me? It's not like an add-on that can be modified to make a simple improvement, it is the ...as was already referenced the OS, and unless I know anything about coding it isn't something I will ever do anything with? ..if I am understanding correctly?

so to simplify, if I don't have anything to do with changing the code then it means nothing to me? It's not like an add-on that can be modified to make a simple improvement, it is the ...as was already referenced the OS, and unless I know anything about coding it isn't something I will ever do anything with? ..if I am understanding correctly?

If you are happy with the performance and features of your Solo, you don't need to update the firmware. If you like to tinker, or push the hardware closer to its limits, updating the firmware to Arducopter Master might be a good idea once it is released.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150