Anyone have issues installing the gimbal?

Reaction score
When i installed the gimbal last night the screws had a hard time going in (all 3 of them). so i removed it and the thread obviously messed up. The right one went in fine the other 2 did not, so I screwed it in with a drill. Did anyone else have issue like this or not?

I am thinking about returning it and re-buying one.

Check out this Youtube Video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I had the same problem as you, and I think the reason is that the gimbal base was pressing against the HDMI cable and smashing it. The screws were having such a hard time going in because the HDMI cable was not properly routed to avoid contact with the gimbal during installation. To fix the stripped screws on the gimbal base, I think you can pull the screws off of the 'fixed' GoPro camera base (use needle nose plier to remove retaining clips), and carefully install them on the gimbal base. Then, properly reroute the HDMI cable and re-install the gimbal per the video. This time, the screws should seat with far less resistance.

Last edited:
I routed it like the video in the app. I returned the drone and got the one that came pre installed gimbal and a backpack. The screws were fine it was the threading on the base that was screwed up.

The gimbal stayed close with no force, I don't think it could have been that.

I've got a couple of questions in regards to the drone you picked up with the pre-installed gimbal:

1. Does the gimbal appear to have been installed properly? Any strange gimbal behavior? Or is it perfect?

2. Did this drone come with the Black Rev B GPS Module? If so, what are your GPS lock times like?

When i installed the gimbal last night the screws had a hard time going in (all 3 of them). so i removed it and the thread obviously messed up. The right one went in fine the other 2 did not, so I screwed it in with a drill. Did anyone else have issue like this or not?

I am thinking about returning it and re-buying one.

First 1/3 mine screwed in easy. Last 2/3 on three of them took force to screw in. First time I just muscled them in. Second time when they got tough to screw in I pushed on the gimble base left/right thinking the holes weren't lining up perfectly. That worked for me and they went in easier. Still took some pressure but nothing like the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a couple of questions in regards to the drone you picked up with the pre-installed gimbal:

1. Does the gimbal appear to have been installed properly? Any strange gimbal behavior? Or is it perfect?

2. Did this drone come with the Black Rev B GPS Module? If so, what are your GPS lock times like?

They are shipping it to the store, I don't have it yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig