Anyone have a video of landing in manual in windy weather?

a bit late to the party but was testing a camera at 720 fps today and it was windy..

you can see a wind sock at the lower left at the start and over my head when landing..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Ralph E. Johnson
Nice footage guys. Very impressed with my Solo thus far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trying to learn the Tower app. The wind picked up quite strong and was really gusty. I made most of this at 4x as it is rather boring but left a bit where the stability of the gimbal is evident near the end. Can't help but see the props when the quad has to nose over to move against the wind. At the end I maneuvered to a spot of grass as the props kick up an awful lot of dust when landing on the dirt.. need to change the lens - this one has too much fish-eye.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I actually had an issue flying last week where I couldn't figure out why it appeared my Solo was drifting well off when I was sticks centered. I had the mRo GPS in it. Turns out I flew it back and realized on the Solex app it said 'Alt Hold'. Oops. Must have pressed the A button (which I have assigned to Fly:Manual or in Pixhawk terms, AltHold) before I took off. Used FPV to guide me back. It was a bit windy. I freaked out for a moment trying to get her back. I never felt 'out of control', it just felt sloppy. When in doubt, verify you're flying in Fly (Loiter for Pixhawk terms). Doh.

Reactions: Ralph E. Johnson
Good Job. The Solo can really handle a lot of wind. I fly with my GoPro set to Medium. That helps with the fish eye effect.
good Flying and keep sending the videos

I have hit the Pause button by mistake several times .. think I'll make a cover for it or something..

Your guess is as good as mine. It almost made it home. My nephew said it spun the rotor off. I need to post a pic of the wreck.
GPS is fairly unaffected by such things. We do high grade survey work using GPS in rain, snow, etc.

I'll be the jerk. Someone has to say it. That was very very very poor decision making. Amazing video. Bad idea. Lucky it didn't crash into someone or damage someone's car or house doing that.
Yep. Safety is #1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig