Anyone else thinking about returning Solo?

$1500 in accessories? What did you do, buy your Solo a Phantom?

Hero 4 black $500. Rectilinear lens conversion $250, filters $150, spare battery $150, hard case $210, galaxy tab s $300, monitor sun shade $20, 3 pairs spare blades $45

So actually a little over $1600

Reactions: Michael Stevenson
Yet the OP decided to wait it out because of responses by those of us that are waiting it out or have received their gimbal. ANY thread on this board is for open discussion. Perhaps some that were going to wait decided to return it just because of this thread. Perhaps some more that were going to return decided to wait. That is what discussion boards like this are all about. If you want a bunch of idiots that think exactly the same way and have their heads so far up their @$$es that they will block anyone that doesn't agree 100% with their kool-aid mindset, then go to moveon.org.
And actually I am the OP. I had decided based on others' responses to wait it out UNTIL B&H updated my expected ship date from late September to late October. That was the last straw for me.

Well I'm waiting it out too. In fact I ordered the gimbal from Fry's last night - they tell me "delivery on or before 9/21," I'm assuming this year. So more waiting. Maybe the first firmware update unlocking features we were expecting last June will be out by then!
I paid $149 for the case, bought an extra set of props, an extra battery, but already had a GoPro 4. So it only took me a couple of hundred bucks to feel invested enough that I can't justify returning the Solo. But I did buy it a P3P which it has enjoyed setting next to on the shelf at night, listening to the P3P's stories of flying and having a gimbal from birth...

Well I'm waiting it out too. In fact I ordered the gimbal from Fry's last night - they tell me "delivery on or before 9/21," I'm assuming this year. So more waiting. Maybe the first firmware update unlocking features we were expecting last June will be out by then!
I paid $149 for the case, bought an extra set of props, an extra battery, but already had a GoPro 4. So it only took me a couple of hundred bucks to feel invested enough that I can't justify returning the Solo. But I did buy it a P3P which it has enjoyed setting next to on the shelf at night, listening to the P3P's stories of flying and having a gimbal from birth...

I know LOL is overused and exaggerated. But you just made me literally LOL

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Yet the OP decided to wait it out because of responses by those of us that are waiting it out or have received their gimbal. ANY thread on this board is for open discussion. Perhaps some that were going to wait decided to return it just because of this thread. Perhaps some more that were going to return decided to wait. That is what discussion boards like this are all about. If you want a bunch of idiots that think exactly the same way and have their heads so far up their @$$es that they will block anyone that doesn't agree 100% with their kool-aid mindset, then go to moveon.org.

Spoken like someone who has been around forums for a long time and knows what he's talking about. Just substitute "Fox News" for moveon.org and we're pretty much in agreement. :D

Reactions: Acroduster
Hero 4 black $500. Rectilinear lens conversion $250, filters $150, spare battery $150, hard case $210, galaxy tab s $300, monitor sun shade $20, 3 pairs spare blades $45

Yup I'm at least there cash wise as well and some of these things did need updated anyway or I would use without solo, however I'd of never bought them now. Actually I'd likley of spent a bit more and been riding a sport bike around flying my p2 all summer if I didn't take the solo plunge. My bike nows got a cracked piston and I'm just going to get rid of it since its older anyway, but I decided to wait till next season to get another one and get solo now. Kinda wish I'd of went with the bike and got a complete solo next year now since the seasons over but I'm all in over 3 grand so guess I'm waiting for my gimbal. Hopefully I can at least get some stable video of Rudolf landing on my rooftop so Santa can get stuck in my chimney at this point, though I'm not sure I can count on that with as inconsistent as info has been and I've been defending 3dr for months.

Oh well venting, ranting and complaining over for me I'm keeping it so it's my own fault from here. Back to trying to be useful here but today was good to at least say and hear all the frustrations. Kinda funny how much of a commotion troys video seemed to make today shows what on
The 5.4 lens can be had for $100.00.

What kind and where I may grab one for that price. If it's not junk

Reactions: timzee

I'll give you a dollar for it all... just kidding I'm in a similar situation so I'm sticking with 3DR and making their service work with me to make Solo right.

The 5.4 lens can be had for $100.00.

Best price I could find was $140 plus s&h for what looked like a quality lens. Paid someone $100 to remove stock lens and install and critical focus new one because I didn't have time or a micro HDMI cable.

Good doggie.
I actually love my Yuneec Q500. Slow as molasses on a cold winter morning, but I enjoy flying it and the videos are the smoothest and nicest pre-production videos I've ever seen. The Chroma would be nice because you can still use your GoPro.

I actually love my Yuneec Q500. Slow as molasses on a cold winter morning, but I enjoy flying it and the videos are the smoothest and nicest pre-production videos I've ever seen. The Chroma would be nice because you can still use your GoPro.
Sorry, but why I bought a fisheye camera to do AERIAL photography is beyond me.

Many, many people are working for hire without the 333 exemption. Everyone knows that the new FAA rules are coming down the line and are hoping that they can just get away with it until that happens. I think there is just way too much commercial work at this point for the FAA to even police it. Part of the problem with the 333 exemption is that you need to actually be a licensed pilot, or hire a licensed pilot for all flights. And I'm not talking quadcopter pilot. I mean a real aircraft pilot.
A lot of people are thinking they won't get caught and that the FAA is not looking, but they are sadly mistaken. I know that in Minnesota there are at least 2 companies that they are preparing to come down on and after that US Open disaster they will probably step it up even more

A lot of people are thinking they won't get caught and that the FAA is not looking, but they are sadly mistaken. I know that in Minnesota there are at least 2 companies that they are preparing to come down on and after that US Open disaster they will probably step it up even more
The US Open incident isn't good for any of us for sure. And yes, the FAA will continue to crack down. It's what they do. I am curious about the 2 businesses that you think will get hit soon. Can you elaborate on what type of businesses and why the FAA will go after them? I think most who get the FAA after them bring it on themselves, either by prominently advertising that they are doing commercial aerial work or by doing dumb things, like the US Open. So I'm curious if the companies you speak of are in that category or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44