Any sign of a windows surface tablet being supported including Tower

Reaction score
I Own a surface 3, Ipad 2 and have many other tablets and i can not believe none of them actually work with the solo and the tower.. Even my Cell phone is a Windows Blu.

Was hoping one day a windows platform would be supported as the controller and of course a waypoint plotter like the tower app.

Can not believe i have to buy yet another tablet, most of mine have being wired for mobile 3g to lte. So i would dedicate this new tablet just to the solo... grrrr.

probably just pick up an nexus 2013 to hold me by.

I Own a surface 3, Ipad 2 and have many other tablets and i can not believe none of them actually work with the solo and the tower.. Even my Cell phone is a Windows Blu.

Was hoping one day a windows platform would be supported as the controller and of course a waypoint plotter like the tower app.

Can not believe i have to buy yet another tablet, most of mine have being wired for mobile 3g to lte. So i would dedicate this new tablet just to the solo... grrrr.

Best option would be to use Mission Planner for Windows. It offers many of the same features, but without the live feed. But you could still plan and upload missions. You could also try some of the Windows Android emulators, but haven't heard if they work or not.

Check out ConsoleOS , this allows you to install Android to your surface and it runs flawless! no lag or bugs or anything. Install it to either a SD card or Pen Drive, choose android on boot and go from there :) im pretty sure they have a stable version for S3 right now, sadly not for S4 that I want lol but it will allow you to use all the android features, finish the flight and boot back into windows for editing :)

Reactions: Maddog and J R

Well the Windows might not run Tower, but as @Jubalr says, you can run Mission Planner, the grand daddy of them all. Tower is just a port of Mission Planner to Android. Actually it used to be called "Droid Planner" as a reference to Mission Planner. All that being said, Tower has definetly taken on a life of its own. I now prefer it to Mission Planner because it's easier to use. But if you can figure out the slightly dated Mission Planner user interface, then you'll actually be flying with a more "professional" ground station than us Tower guys.

It offers many of the same features, but without the live feed.
You can get the live feed too, but that's a conversation for a different thread. (You might have to use the HDMI out from the controller as the source of the feed). Anyway, just google live feed in mission planner.

I'd be more worried about how to start and stop video recording using mission planner. I don't think thats supported. The work around is to just use the controller's gimbal button.

Reactions: Jubalr
From what I can tell it's not available for the iPad, just the iPad. Can you confirm that and tell us which device you have it on?
What I have is an iPhone app, but I have it on my iPad. It does that 2X thing to stretch to fit the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44