Solex Follow/Remote need new tablet advise

I figured it out for the Samsung Tab E. I turned on the developer options by clicking 7 times on build number. In developer options it has a check mark to allow WiFi and Data at the same time.

Follow me/Remote works now. SWEET!

Thanks for the help
The same function can also be accomplished on Samsung's mobile phones. Developer options offer many more choices for your device, but be careful and know which ones do what.

In my case, there's no app that's required. Suppose for example that I use my Pixel and NVidia Shield K1. On the PIxel, I select Settings/More/Tethering and portable hotspot, and turn on Bluetooth tethering. On the NVidia, I open Settings, Bluetooth, find the Pixel, and hit "Connect". (I do this when I'm already connected to the Solo on wifi from Solex.)

This is where I think my Samsung Note 3 is screwing me. There is no Bluetooth tethering option under Settings/more/Tethering. Grrrrr. Need to find a friend with a non-Samsung phone......

Reactions: Kelly Schrock
This is where I think my Samsung Note 3 is screwing me. There is no Bluetooth tethering option under Settings/more/Tethering. Grrrrr. Need to find a friend with a non-Samsung phone......

I ordered a Nexus 6P phone to replace my Note 3. Should be here by Friday. I have always liked Samsung for Quality, but now looking at other options for functionality

Last edited:
Got the New Nexus 6P phone and life is good. It can Bluetooth tether to my Nexus 7 Tablet, plus WiFi and Data at the same time without a problem.

Reactions: Kelly Schrock
The word "Samsung" here jumps out at me immediately. Unfortunately, their implementation of multi-networking doesn't appear to allow tethered connections when you're on wifi. Android specifically does allow that, but Samsung's mutated quasi-Android doesn't. They earned a special mention in the documentation about Follow/Remote. I'd go for an Nvidia Shield K1, or a recent Nexus tablet. It's been confirmed to work on those devices.

I knew I would eventually get the use that phrase. I even gave you credit over in the Yuneec Breeze Forum!MutatedQuasiAndroid.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40