Any good course in drone phtography?

Reaction score
Anybody found any good online courses in this topic (both still and videography)?

Now that we've got the tool... we need the skills and ideas.

I see a few courses from here: udemy.com - but I don't know anything about them.

Ideas?

Last edited:
I haven't found any per se. I search YouTube a lot and surf the net and just piece tips together which I write down.

Sounds like a good business opportunity!

I will see if I can find his YouTube channel. Over on fpvlab forums. A regular in the Team Blacksheep forums is a guy and he was putting together a great video series on aerial video. I'll see if I can find and link here.

udemy.com has a couple of very extensive online classes.
"Drones: Learn Aerial Photography and Videography Basics" has 46 lectures - I'll start on that one.

Some of these courses, including this one, are on sale for $10 bucks until January 11! This one was normally $99. This looks like a great deal...

Last edited:
Did that course require a specific photo/video editing software, or could you use any?

There is an video editing example chapter using Final Cut Pro X. In fact, you can take a look at it using 5 minutes free all course preview: Udemy providing this option.

But this course more related to videography, not photography.

I'm not sure if "drone photography" is really any different than any other photography, or videography. It's all about framing the shot, the lighting conditions and camera settings. Most of the good stuff comes in post-production. Use the rule of thirds. Plan out what you are going to do and what you want to capture. I would think any photography course would teach these things. A drone is just a camera. The fact that it is in the air is really kind of irrelevant when it comes to photography, except that you may have wind to contend with which moves your "dolly".

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44