Antenna

I Have the FPVLR V1..and I love them..they do exactly what there designed to do !! I get pretty scary distance....and I always Fly with my Marco Polo on my Solo when flying out that far just In case !!!
But the way I think about it..the FPVLR V2 will go an average of 30% more distance then the V1.. But do you really need it?? And plus I don't think your battery will even last that long of a distance to make sure you have enough Battery life to get your Solo back home!!

Just a thought.. :)

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I'm actually might go for the FPVLR. Not too impressed with the DBSmod over the stock antenna, with the wifi card mod. I'm losing controller connection more with the DBS mod - 3 times and zero with stock antenna -same mission. Was pointing to it the whole time. Strength actually got stronger a few times when placing the controller on the jetta trunk hatch. Also, I don't see any support. He/they never sent email for confirmation of order, when it shipped and has never returned my email about the order ETA and another about the a possible Solo mount. The website says it ships the next day after receiving Paypal. I paid on the 8/18 and still had no communication or the unit in OH as of 9/2.

It's no longer worthy to be on my Solo.

Would have ask for a return but I painted it black. It's crap spending this kind of money on a unsupported option and the last thing I want to do is design a 3D print for something that's not a success..
Buy my DBSmod else buy try something else..

Besides needing it to work on my application the damn thing need to fit in a case. I would think someone selling antennas for UAV might be motivated to design a quick mount or hing-able mount. It is by far the ugliest and most useful product I have mated to the Solo.

Do yourself a favor and don't even buy mine. Just buy something else for the Solo.

Burke

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Hello Guys,
I received my FPVLR antenna for $130 plus shipping. With the stock antenna sticks m range at an altitude of 140 feet was 2400-3300 feet before I lost signal. With the new antenna and at the same altitude of 140 feet, I now get 5400-5600 feet before losing signal. I have on tried this in two area of my town in central FL and got the same results. I must admit that after my video feed froze due to distance, it took about 30 seconds before I got feet back that it was returning home and I could manually take over and fly again. This new antenna is very directional. And my adjusting my aim at the Solo I could regain signal.
I love the range improvement and the simplicity of swapping antennas without opening the controller or Solo and voiding a warranty.
I think even if you don't want the range, this antenna will help with penetrating power around obstacles like trees.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Maddog
Hello Guys,
I received my FPVLR antenna for $130 plus shipping. With the stock antenna sticks m range at an altitude of 140 feet was 2400-3300 feet before I lost signal. With the new antenna and at the same altitude of 140 feet, I now get 5400-5600 feet before losing signal. I have on tried this in two area of my town in central FL and got the same results. I must admit that after my video feed froze due to distance, it took about 30 seconds before I got feet back that it was returning home and I could manually take over and fly again. This new antenna is very directional. And my adjusting my aim at the Solo I could regain signal.
I love the range improvement and the simplicity of swapping antennas without opening the controller or Solo and voiding a warranty.
I think even if you don't want the range, this antenna will help with penetrating power around obstacles like trees.
Hope this helps.
I agree-Welcome to the club!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44