Android update for new features?

I have decided to e-mail 3DR support at least weekly; not that they care or will do anything because of customer feedback.

I will send variations of this theme as I did today .

"The decision to not fully implement the upgrades for Android is a slap in the face to your customers and constitutes a broken promise.

Shame on you 3DR and Collin in particular."
Greg- do as you wish but as you are aware, that won't help with anything, but it may clog up the system that others are using to get support.o_O

Is there another way
Greg- do as you wish but as you are aware, that won't help with anything, but it may clog up the system that others are using to get support.o_O
Is there another way to register our displeasure?

I am a firm believer in if you give an inch they will take a mile. So it may come across as overly pessamisitc now, however I feel in the long run. Making a stand in the beginning to fight behavior like this would be worth taking. For a company with the size and resources of 3DR. I find it difficult to believe that there is only one quality android programmer that is seeking employment at this time.

Hi all my apologies for a couple of replys I've made this was due to frustration I my behalf about android update. Anyway 3dr has sent me a update about android update. Update will be here in 2 weeks but to my disgust it will not have geo fencing or AR. That will only come out on ios really disappointed about this movie. I've put my complaint into 3dr and nothing can anybody help

Hi all my apologies for a couple of replys I've made this was due to frustration I my behalf about android update. Anyway 3dr has sent me a update about android update. Update will be here in 2 weeks but to my disgust it will not have geo fencing or AR. That will only come out on ios really disappointed about this movie. I've put my complaint into 3dr and nothing can anybody help
Simple, buy an iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RichWest
Simple, buy an iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How about they support the devices already on their list and not ask us to buy another $500 piece of gear to have what we should already have? It's pretty much a slap in the face to have spent over $3000 on solo and supporting gear just to be told "sorry, were not going to support the devices like we said we would. Go buy a new expensive device if you want to continue to use our product".

Actually I don't find the geofencing all that useful- I doubt that I would use it.

Geofencing isn't a big deal to me personally either. But if you want to do commercial flying, where they want to make sure certain safeguards are in place it's good to have and may even be a requirement for the job. Even the dumb parachutes make sense in those scenarios where you need to prove you've taken every precaution you can.

Follow me with real time altimeter adjustments are pretty handy if you'd like to do something very simple like have it follow you up a mountain and not have it fly into the side of it because it doesn't know it needs to keep climbing higher.

Reactions: rackoon
I'm holding off on the firmware update until the android app is out to go along with it. I don't want mismatching versions, even if it is supposed to be ok. And when I do the upgrade, I plan to factory reset the Solo so the firmware is installed fresh. I think I'm also going to uninstall the solo app, tower, and 3DR services from my phone and reinstall all those fresh too.
I THINK THAT BY FAR IS THE BEST WAY TO UPDATE SOLO WHEN ANDROID VERSION IS READY! THAT WAY IT IS ALL REFREASHED AND ALL PROPERLY INSTALLED, GOOD THINKING

Don't care what the problems are....if options are announced as released...the investor should get each and every one that is promised come hell or high water...that is just good business

Reactions: Lmaltic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44