Reaction score
WHAT'S NEW
Notable improvements:
- Allows for cellular and Solo Wi-Fi at the same time, requires Android 5.0+
- Made Solo more reliable
- Selectable Return Home altitude
- Increased Solo's affinity for humans
Fly Safe!

** It's asking for an updated version of 3drservices which doesn't appear to be available yet so you may want to wait on the update.

3DR Solo - Android Apps on Google Play

Last edited:
Reactions: Projeffrey11
WHAT'S NEW
Notable improvements:
Fly Safe!

** It's asking for an updated version of 3drservices which doesn't appear to be available yet so you may want to wait on the update.

Increased Solo's affinity for humans??

WHAT'S NEW
Notable improvements:
Fly Safe!

I don't like that 3DR isn't more clear about what they did to improve Solo in the update description.

That first addition is going to be great and a welcome fix. If you have a cellular tablet, it means you shouldn't have to cache maps first anymore.

OK. Did the updates to Services and Solo apps. Both went well. Fired up the equipment and went to the map in Solo, but no map and no signal. On my Nexus 7, I went into setting and turned on cellular data. Went back to the Solo app and now had great satellite image. So it works great!

OK. Did the updates to Services and Solo apps. Both went well. Fired up the equipment and went to the map in Solo, but no map and no signal. On my Nexus 7, I went into setting and turned on cellular data. Went back to the Solo app and now had great satellite image. So it works great!

Do you have any idea of how much data the maps are using?

Do you have any idea of how much data the maps are using?
I don't believe the data size is any different than caching them in advance. But I believe there was a size limit that you could pre-cache. Now with live data, it doesn't matter. I zoomed out to show all of North America and back in to street level from within the Solo app now.

I think this will help with smart device locking onto the GPS for use with follow me mode. This way it can download the Satellite data table from the net, vs wait for it to download from the GPS which is much slower.

On my older smart phone (Only Android 4.4.1), it takes a while for the GPS to lockon when I try to use follow me mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks