Android 2.4 Beta and Solo FW (2.4.1.3) Update Available..

Reaction score
If you DL the Solo Beta from the Google Play store, when you first run it you will be told there is an update to Solo FW available (2.4.1.3). Update went as normal. On first bootup it required a level calibration. I would also recommend a compass cal first. Won't have a chance to fly today for testing. If you do, please post findings. The new Pano and Zip are in there. I'm more curious if issues others have had with 2.4 are addressed as well.

Arrgh, at work, no batteries charged, earliest to test would be Wednesday. have we gotten any indication on official release?

Arrgh, at work, no batteries charged, earliest to test would be Wednesday. have we gotten any indication on official release?
Well, the Beta is official and may end up being the release if no significant issues reported. So not sure there will be any difference.

Well, the Beta is official and may end up being the release if no significant issues reported. So not sure there will be any difference.
Ok, good!

No time to fly this week, so maybe by the weekend it will go as a release. next week I have time to fly...... :)

Does anyone know this recurring magnetic interference and subsequent EKF error causing fly-away situation has been addressed in the beta FW?

If you DL the Solo Beta from the Google Play store, when you first run it you will be told there is an update to Solo FW available (2.4.1.3). Update went as normal. On first bootup it required a level calibration. I would also recommend a compass cal first. Won't have a chance to fly today for testing. If you do, please post findings. The new Pano and Zip are in there. I'm more curious if issues others have had with 2.4 are addressed as well.
Downloaded and upgraded; no flying yet.
  • Didn't ask for re-cal, but will do later.
  • Upgrade asked for GP camera model, but then didn't show full GP settings and could not control/change settings from the app.
  • GoProH4 did not turn off with Solo as it had before.
  • Removed GP, removed/reinstalled battery, checked GP settings in GP App and turned off GP
  • Reattached to gimbal and booted systems up from scratch and GP now operating as before with power on/off with Solo and with complete GP control.

One significant change... locked up with 10 sats in my house within 1 minute. Have cardboard mod on Rev B but I have never gotten 10 sats inside AND getting 7 to 8 sats would take about 5-10 minutes inside on a good day. How could SW/FW improve a problem that is seemingly limited by HW.

I have another Solo but don't want to upgrade that one until I test this one in flight. If anyone else upgrades, tell us your GPS lock experience.

Not with your link, I get "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.".

I remove the '.program' argument and so I get thisold february version. Do not understand.
Could you put the pak somewhere?
Thanks.

I get a not found error from Google on:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.o3dr.solo.android.beta.program
When I go the the beta signup page it says I am a beta tester.
My 3DR Services self updated to 1.6.0-beta1 then beta2 a couple of days ago.
I am listed as a beta tester for 3DR Services as well.
Very strange...
Cannot explain, unless that link would be different for me because Play Store recognizes that I have already installed the App. All I did was talk to my tablet in Play Store and said 3DR Solo Beta... which it happily searched for and found immediately. Dunno...

How could SW/FW improve a problem that is seemingly limited by HW.
The hardware (GPS) is only reporting the raw data from (all) the satellites visible, their signal strength, position, datetime, etc. Solo SW does calculations on those numbers to determine which sats to use and if it is ok to fly, and what constitutes a good enough "lock". GPS numbers are not constant even if you are standing still. They're jumping all over the place unless you have a military grade GPS unit and antenna, which is kind of hard to get for civilian use since we're not flying precision GPS guided missiles :)

So it's a combination of both hardware and software determining lock.

If the GPS is giving bad data, like due to a poor implementation, poor filtering or RF interference due to poor shielding, those factor greatly obviously too. Garbage in, garbage out.

Not with your link, I get "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.".

I remove the '.program' argument and so I get thisold february version. Do not understand.
Could you put the pak somewhere?
Thanks.
Did you search for 3DR Solo Beta exactly? I don't know how to get the .apk program separately.

I never signed up as a Beta Tester and have seen this Solo Beta on the Play Store for about 1 month at least. And I would think that if it is visible on the Play Store, anyone can download.

What country are you in. I think Play Store may be able to inhibit download within different countries. Don't know how, but I heard the Chinese limit/censor all kinds of things on their Internet connections.

Reactions: jibcamera

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000