A Reminder, an Example, and Still Impressive...

Reaction score
As the # of Solos in the wild increase at an incredible rate, thanks to recent sales, I wanted to post something from early in Solo's history. Shortly after the delayed Solo Gimbal finally started shipping back in August of 2015, a member here by the name of Rusty Ortkiese received his gimbal and thought he would shoot a 'test' with his new gimbal. To this day, over a year now, this is still one of the finest examples I have seen of a Solo video. Keep in mind that there was no MPCC and most all of this video was hand flown. Very early firmware too. Yet with the combination of editing, pilot skills and subject matter he made a great video and told a great story.

For some of the new owners here that have not seen this, I thought I would just post it for a little inspiration... Watch in HD and turn up the sound. Enjoy..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

YES.

by far the best drone video so far creatively.
I sunk so low as to steal the music for my one shot inferior didy...
His daughter so cute, perfect location, great cuts.
I got my son to run the front yard.
jealous.
If he ever comes home again , I'll fix it w/some lower shots...

Reactions: Jubalr
I remember that video, it inspired me to do one of my Grandaughter and wife
I sure wish solo could be seen for its capability, and people understood its unique ability to capture life.

Reactions: truoccm
I've always enjoyed this video by @erikgraham , no doubting his talent.

I've always enjoyed this video by @erikgraham , no doubting his talent.

Hey thanks! Just noticed this. I've got tons of footage of Iceland shot with the Solo that I can probably post now. Just need the time to dig it all up.

Reactions: RichWest
I beg to differ, this is the best Video, but I'm just biased.

Since we're all sharing.... I shot this one in Albany, GA.

Taking my Solo to Cameroon next month and I can't wait.

As the # of Solos in the wild increase at an incredible rate, thanks to recent sales, I wanted to post something from early in Solo's history. Shortly after the delayed Solo Gimbal finally started shipping back in August of 2015, a member here by the name of Rusty Ortkiese received his gimbal and thought he would shoot a 'test' with his new gimbal. To this day, over a year now, this is still one of the finest examples I have seen of a Solo video. Keep in mind that there was no MPCC and most all of this video was hand flown. Very early firmware too. Yet with the combination of editing, pilot skills and subject matter he made a great video and told a great story.

For some of the new owners here that have not seen this, I thought I would just post it for a little inspiration... Watch in HD and turn up the sound. Enjoy..
Havn't seen this video since it was first available, I can remember like it was yesterday,
The opening tells you, your going to enjoy this.
I think most of us here are visionary's trying to tell a story to one extent or another.

I needed this.
My hat is off to Rusty.

Havn't seen this video since it was first available, I can remember like it was yesterday,
The opening tells you, your going to enjoy this.
I think most of us here are visionary's trying to tell a story to one extent or another.

I needed this.
My hat is off to Rusty.
I agree. I tried to tag him in the post and he isn't listed as a member here anymore. Would like to see more of his work.

Reactions: RikMiddle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso