A little Birdie told me Gimbal

So who's flying a P3 / I1 at 3DR?
I don't know who is flyin' one there, but I'll be flyin' one here late tomorrow afternoon if my tracking proves accurate!
The Solo is shelved in its brand new backpack, waiting for the gimbal. I leave Sunday for a road trip down the Oregon coast and want decent aerial platform for the trip (at least that is what I've convinced myself of).

Pic from Collins Basement. I think his wife still works at DJI, so its probably a his and hers thing. LOL JK!

I'm sure 3dr has flown plenty dji equipment you have to know what your up against when making your product better than the competition.

Or could be Colin just got his p2 back from a warranty repair from when he was still employed there seems to be about right time wise. I know it's a new controller he worked their lol.

Kidding settle all I fly both but 3dr is better as a company in my eyes at least their admitting and fixing their issues. Still have work to do but they seem to be doing what they can with their size.

Conversation with B&H today. I hope I get by the 22nd...

nicholas : Hello, Just wondering if you had an update for the 3dr solo gimbal that I have on order.
Adam R: Hello nicholas. My name is Adam and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
Adam R: 3DR has been shipping them out slowly, but surely. As we get them in, we are fulfilling back-orders as they came in. Unfortunately, I am not able to tell where in line you are, however you can be assured that you will get yours as soon as your place in line comes up.
nicholas Do you happen to have an estimate ?
Adam R: No, I am sorry. The reason is that 3DR is not consistant with how many they send each time. If they were, I would be able to try to figure it out.
nicholas From what I read on forums NO ONE has got any yet. You are saying they are being sent to your customers already?
Adam R: We have sent a few out.
Adam R: I don't know the exact number, however I know that a few have gotten in touch with us to let us know of issues that they had with setting it up.
nicholas Are you guys honoring the exchange that 3dr is offering? Can return everything 30 days after we get the gimbal?
nicholas (If we choose)
Adam R: Yes. You certainly can return it within 30-business days, if you choose to.
nicholas Both the solo, free battery and gimbal I will be able tor return?
Adam R: Yes.
nicholas Alright. Thank you!

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Conversation with B&H today. I hope I get by the 22nd...

nicholas : Hello, Just wondering if you had an update for the 3dr solo gimbal that I have on order.
Adam R: Hello nicholas. My name is Adam and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
Adam R: 3DR has been shipping them out slowly, but surely. As we get them in, we are fulfilling back-orders as they came in. Unfortunately, I am not able to tell where in line you are, however you can be assured that you will get yours as soon as your place in line comes up.
nicholas Do you happen to have an estimate ?
Adam R: No, I am sorry. The reason is that 3DR is not consistant with how many they send each time. If they were, I would be able to try to figure it out.
nicholas From what I read on forums NO ONE has got any yet. You are saying they are being sent to your customers already?
Adam R: We have sent a few out.
Adam R: I don't know the exact number, however I know that a few have gotten in touch with us to let us know of issues that they had with setting it up.
nicholas Are you guys honoring the exchange that 3dr is offering? Can return everything 30 days after we get the gimbal?
nicholas (If we choose)
Adam R: Yes. You certainly can return it within 30-business days, if you choose to.
nicholas Both the solo, free battery and gimbal I will be able tor return?
Adam R: Yes.
nicholas Alright. Thank you!

I think Adam is putting solo issues together with gimbal I'm sure 3dr would have mentioned some already in people's hands unless a couple guys in China have em. Good news though gimbal and confirmation on return policy thanks. Guess it's worth googling for user vids maybe.

Reactions: prowler9
I am really curious to see if the pre-order people get them before Best Buy this time. I certainly hope it goes the same as last time as I would like to snag one from BB!
I pre-ordered my Solo from DSLRpros and got it before BestBuy. I think it just matters how early you pre-ordered.

we wish you a merry gimbal and a happy flying!!! gimballllll!! hahaha

The moment seems to be close.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2015-08-14 a las 16.57.12.png
    Captura de pantalla 2015-08-14 a las 16.57.12.png
    355.3 KB · Views: 54
My card was hit by 3DR 14Aug for I'm guessing a battery and the gimbal. I changed my address in July but they just sent a gimbal grommet which had fallen off in flight to my old address yesterday,
been going back and forth with this issue for weeks. They try so hard but continually fall short of a complete fix, to many levels of leadership I'm guessing. I have two solos and will pick up the other gimbal from BB. I have yet to receive the free battery from 3DR, but did get the free battery from BB.

I have not pre ordered yet. What do you guys think would be the quickest to get my hands on one. Order from 3DR website or try to snag one from Bestbuy or BH? Do we know for sure if they are going to fill pre orders first this time before getting them in retail outlets? If so I'll place the order today.
B&H is oblicated to fill pre-orders. They said between Aug. 17th till the end of Aug. they sold be caught up. At this point I'd try to get one locally. The only benefit to B&H is to save sales tax which you'd be glad to pay to get the gimbal sooner than later (I think).

Just got off the phone with B&H.... they got an update Friday saying delivery pushed back again until early September.

Reactions: TheeRod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado