3DR Solo Warranty

I have been trying to find how long the warranty is for the Solo. 3DRobotics normally warranty period is 90 days but according to them the Solo is different (http://3drobotics.com/warranty/ ) but I can't find it.

Is this what you were looking for? It's the page you linked to:
SOLO WARRANTY
3D Robotics warrants to the original retail purchaser of Solo (the “Product”) that at the time of purchase that this product is free from material defect in materials and workmanship. Should this Product fail during normal consumer usage and conditions due to defective material or workmanship within one year from the date of purchase, or such longer period as is required by applicable law (“Warranty Period”), such defect(s) will be repaired or replaced at 3D Robotics’ option, without charge for parts or labor directly related to the defect(s). The complete terms of the limited warranty applicable to Solo can be found at 3DR.com/terms.

Is this what you were looking for? It's the page you linked to:
SOLO WARRANTY
3D Robotics warrants to the original retail purchaser of Solo (the “Product”) that at the time of purchase that this product is free from material defect in materials and workmanship. Should this Product fail during normal consumer usage and conditions due to defective material or workmanship within one year from the date of purchase, or such longer period as is required by applicable law (“Warranty Period”), such defect(s) will be repaired or replaced at 3D Robotics’ option, without charge for parts or labor directly related to the defect(s). The complete terms of the limited warranty applicable to Solo can be found at 3DR.com/terms.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.
FYI, they also have a 30 day no questions asked return policy. If you bought the (unreleased) gimbal at the same time as the Solo, the 30 day return policy starts upon receipt of the gimbal.

FYI, they also have a 30 day no questions asked return policy. If you bought the (unreleased) gimbal at the same time as the Solo, the 30 day return policy starts upon receipt of the gimbal.

Unfortunately I purchased mine from BB and they did not offer the gimbal for purchase.

Unfortunately I purchased mine from BB and they did not offer the gimbal for purchase.
The email I got when I bought at best buy before I canceled my pre order I posted a while back. I saved it but it says I can just purchase my gimbal at best buy same as I did the solo and its extended thirty days from that purchase. You may want to email support to get you a copy personally but I know of at least one other reply that said the same thing as mine. I even said I'd pay for it then through 3dr or best buy and they said don't bother just fly and enjoy your extended warranty. I'm sure I'll have to buy it in a reasonable amount of time but I have it in writing and would hope they'd honor it.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a 3rd party warranty? BB does not offer the "Geek Squad" protection for whatever reason.

The email I got when I bought at best buy before I canceled my pre order I posted a while back. I saved it but it says I can just purchase my gimbal at best buy same as I did the solo and its extended thirty days from that purchase. You may want to email support to get you a copy personally but I know of at least one other reply that said the same thing as mine. I even said I'd pay for it then through 3dr or best buy and they said don't bother just fly and enjoy your extended warranty. I'm sure I'll have to buy it in a reasonable amount of time but I have it in writing and would hope they'd honor it.
You know what? I got my Solo from Best Buy too just after the free battery promotion ended.
I had originally pre-ordered it there, but canceled when I heard of a different and more reliable - not so much! - source. Cancelled with them after a long time and reordered from BB the very day some came back into stock.
Since I'd had it on preorder from the beginning, I was told they would honor the free battery deal. Wasn't thinking about it that day but next week when I bought the backpack I grabbed a battery off its hangar. Free, right?
Ahem. Upon presenting my receipt, I was told that:
1 - The Solo was a brand-new product and no such promotions had been offered yet.
2 - I must be lying. Best Buy wasn't in the habit of giving $150 of merchandise away for free.
I got the hell out of there fast. Temper, you see.

Reactions: J R
You know what? I got my Solo from Best Buy too just after the free battery promotion ended.
I had originally pre-ordered it there, but canceled when I heard of a different and more reliable - not so much! - source. Cancelled with them after a long time and reordered from BB the very day some came back into stock.
Since I'd had it on preorder from the beginning, I was told they would honor the free battery deal. Wasn't thinking about it that day but next week when I bought the backpack I grabbed a battery off its hangar. Free, right?
Ahem. Upon presenting my receipt, I was told that:
1 - The Solo was a brand-new product and no such promotions had been offered yet.
2 - I must be lying. Best Buy wasn't in the habit of giving $150 of merchandise away for free.
I got the hell out of there fast. Temper, you see.

I had issues too, but I finally got my battery from Best Buy. I bought my solo June 13th and was told I'd be sent my battery they didn't recieve extras for the promo, didn't want to argue so I left to go fly.

Then that night I found some folks who had better luck and posted a screen shot of their reciept and I also found the promo info online and headed back on June 14th. So the guy I bought it from realized his mistake and had it waiting and was really nice and cool about it, then his big dumb manager walked up. Uh oh this idiot didn't get it at all, so after arguing about twenty minutes and showing them that other stores were giving them out he finally did it, kind of. He made me return my 1200 dollar purchase then rebuy it and gave me the battery assuring me my 1200 dollars would be back in my account in a few days, to make his inventory right. I said go ahead just to get out of there, I'm sure there are easier ways to adjust inventory, but 50 year old LL cool J couldn't figure out his computer for another twenty minutes so I gave in. Not the most tech savey guy to be managing Best Buy to say the least.

Cut to two weeks later and I had to call customer service and argue more and I finally Recieved the 1200 dollar credit to my account, and an email from the higher ups apologizing and saying they are looking into what happened. Barley worth the 150 dollars since I had 2400 bucks out for two weeks for a 1200 dollar purchase and spent two hours driving and arguing, but I did get it finally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig